1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dropzone suspension

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 5thgen4dr, Nov 22, 2003.

1. 5thgen4dr

5thgen4dr Senior Member

Im trying to find the best suspension for my car without spending too much anyone got any ideas? I can get dropzone coilovers with dropzone gas shocks for about 300$ is this good, what are the advantages/disadvanteges of gas shock compared to regular shocks?

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

someone on in hondaswap said that he got those dropzones and he said they suck cuz the spring rate was to high for his car or something.

i have skunkworks (skunk2 now) coilovers and tokico illuminas and i like them a lot. but it all depends on what kind of ride you like. mines are pretty stiff and are a pain when driving slow on a wavy freeway cuz it keeps going up and down and you could get like motion sickness if your not used to it.

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

dropzone:

I hate DropZone. I got some GroundControl sleeve coilovers, put them on my stock shocks about a year ago, slammed it, and haven't had any problems since. no, my shocks aren't blown. yes, my car rides fine. not bumpy or any shit like that. it's a little stiffer than stock, but that's what you expect.

shit, just get a set of Tom Motorsport sleeve coilovers off ebay for like $60 and get a set of Tokico or KYB shocks.

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

dropzone coils is probably the limit, I wouldn't go buying their shocks. I have no idea what company really makes them.

5. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

i had drop zone on a 95 sunfire, it rode fine, but i had kyb shocks, and they wrent adjustable springs either, just s strait 2 inch drop

6. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

dropzone is more ebay crap. if you're gonna go cheap, at least go with R1 Racing coilovers. the ride just fine. i had em, and for the money, was very pleased with their performance.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted