Drove it to work. Bang and she died. Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rdog

Drove it to work in the morning. After work I go to start my car. It starts up and runs at about 400-500 rpm(way to low!) If I gently step on the gas I can get her up to about 600 rpm. If i step on it anymore she dies. Its almost like someone tampered with it while I was working because it worked perfectly fine in the morning. My motor is a first gen jdm b16a in a 1990 integra. Untill now its been almost trouble free. It gets gas when I turn the ignition on. I had trouble with the distributer cap because the seal is broken and it gets moisture, but I cleaned it and scraped the points untill they were shiny. Could it be the fuel pump even tho it sprays into the throttle body as i turn my ignition on?

Sounds ignition related to me. It could also be the MAP sensor. When that goes, the car doesn't go. There is a way to test the MAP too, check google!

Thanks also I just checked and codes 9 and 23 go on. Code 9 has been on for a long while already. Code 23 means knocke sensor I believe. Problem is I can't locate the knock sensor.

Knock sensor is on the back of the block under the intake manifold. A defective knock sensor will not cause your car to run like you describe, however.

Actually I found the problem. My Distributor was kaput. It was all shredded up on the inside. And that made it turn really hard and made my timing belt jump over one notch on the intake cam. Luckily one notch doesn't wreck it.

Actually I found the problem. My Distributor was kaput. It was all shredded up on the inside. And that made it turn really hard and made my timing belt jump over one notch on the intake cam. Luckily one notch doesn't wreck it.
that happened on my crx! lucky

Back