drove swap first time last night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ok well other than soundig like crap because im running open header it runs nicely. but i have a ? about the throttle cable. i used my stock one(93 civic hatch) and we were having a lil trouble getting it to idle right. is this becasue there is still some tention because ii have the cable bent around to fit on the gsr tb? has anyone had this prob? is there a better cable to use?

and a ? about a good header to use alot of people say dc and other say that ebay crappy headers will work. but i want someting that will last a gve some good lowend power gains. also i am using one from an ls and there is ablot a 1 1/2 in gap from the header to the cat and the holes to bolt them up with dont match up. what header cat combo is easy est to bolt on?

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 28 2004, 02:32 PM
ok well other than soundig like crap because im running open header it runs nicely. but i have a ? about the throttle cable. i used my stock one(93 civic hatch) and we were having a lil trouble getting it to idle right. is this becasue there is still some tention because ii have the cable bent around to fit on the gsr tb? has anyone had this prob? is there a better cable to use?

and a ? about a good header to use alot of people say dc and other say that ebay crappy headers will work. but i want someting that will last a gve some good lowend power gains. also i am using one from an ls and there is ablot a 1 1/2 in gap from the header to the cat and the holes to bolt them up with dont match up. what header cat combo is easy est to bolt on?
[post=395829]Quoted post[/post]​

ive got those same problems with the exhaust let me know what you find out

use the gsr cable if you are using the gsr manifold
just run down to the junk yard and grab one or would i need to buy it new?

ive got those same problems with the exhaust let me know what you find out
yeah the only thing i can tell you now is not to drive with your windows up. corbon monoxide is killer.

First with the cable I think its no more than $20 at the auto parts store.

With the exhaust, flip the cat upside down and see if it fits then. If it doesn't fit, you can cut and weld new flanges on as your last resort, you'd be better off getting a cheap ebay cat and making that bitch fit. As for the gap, just pull that bitch closer, mine did the same thing but I needed to buy a new cat because mine was all fucked up.

I think that the exhaust took me the longest to put on, I was riding open header for days before I finally got it to fit properly.

As for the gap, just pull that bitch closer

did u use the stock gsr header because im not im using the 94-95 ls header so pullin it closer doesnt really work unless we had a pully system and wire. and with an after market header for my motor do i need a cat that is for a gsr or just get a civic one and turn it till the holes match up llike what 92civic said. thanks

If you get a header get a cat that goes with the header (I.E. GSR Header- GSR Cat). No matter what you do get a b series cat or a universal one(has to be welded though).

I had an LS in the civic with the LS header with a cheap ebay cat, maybe it's different with the GSR.

Back