Drug tests to get more difficult

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good. I believe you shouldn't be able to get away with it, although, they'll come up with something to bypass that too. Eh, I dunno. I just think too many people get away with things and don't ever take responsibility for their actions. I've never failed a drug test. I never had to have one, either. So, maybe I'm biased, because I know if I had the threat of going to jail, I'd freak out too, but, if you deserve it, you deserve it.

but at the same rate, lets say you rip through an 8 ball on the weekend
thats not gonna affect your job performance at all
why should you be excluded from the job just cause you snort some blow and steal car cd players to afford it in your spare time?
if anything it shows you have an even better work ethic than other similaially qualified candiates

they should still test for pot though
no one wants a stinky hippy slowing down the production line at the local widget factory :ph34r:

:lol: I don't think I could do an 8 ball... I'd die... or show up to work on Monday dead fucking tired... but, I got the joke. lol

<-hehe, been to work on everything including tripping on acid. Hell one job I failed the drug test 3 times for thc and they still gave me the job

Piss for enjoyment, not employment. Drug tests are an invasion of privacy and I have straight up walked out of interviews mid-conversation when I hear the words "drug screening". Any personal habits aside, it IS an invasion of privacy and a company has no right to do that.

"If you have the right to check my piss, I have the right to check your books." That one line shut an interviewer the hell up but good one time.

Well, if you're going to be operating forklifts and heavy equipment that can kill you, it's a liability. The company Artie worked for had a drunk/crankster working and literally almost killed himself. The tox-screen posted and his numbers were through the roof. He found himself almost dead and without a job. Can you blame the company? No, it was his stupid ass for using on the job. Now, this doesn't mean he's a recreational user by any means, so I can see what you are saying, Sabz, but still, I see from both ends why they'd want to do one. Personally, I don't care. I've never been tested for a job. Even if they said I had to, I wouldn't care because I'd pass. Sure, maybe some say 'well, you should because it's an invasion of privacy.' But so is a telemarketer calling my house... so is someone I don't want coming over paying me a visit. These are benign. Now, if they want to check my credit (which some are doing) then I really have a problem. WTF does my credit have to do with my ability to work?

Operating heavy machinery while intoxicated is fucking stupid. Not only do you put yourself in danger, you also put everyone around you in danger.

I agree with Sabz. What you do on your own time is your own business. If you do it at work and endanger the lives of everyone around you, that's a completely different story. If you're pissing for probation or parole, that's also a different story because that's part of the terms of your freedom.

I also agree with him. I mentioned that it was an incident in which we knew he wasn't just a recreational user. But, there are those who are affected by 'recreational' use, but most of us consider that just a hangover and can work through it. No biggie. :cool:

that's from 2002

I honestly don't care what people do in their own time. I have no problem working with a pot head. If I were an employer I would be concerned about employing someone who does meth or crack as they have a much higher tendency to steal to support their habit. Nobody ever stole electronic diagnostic equipment to sell on ebay to support their weed habit, that takes too much effort and you'll never finish GTA IV that way. Besides, did you hear that Doritos has a new flavor? Dude that's fucking sick, if I ran Doritos I'd make new flavors all the time. Man I want some ice cream...

From my past experiences with "cocaine", I've learned that when you party hard, the next day you feel like SHIT... They say you need to do something when coming down off of cocaine, like drinking for example. I've only done it a few times, wasn't worth the 50 bucks a gram if you ask me. All I did was talk everyones ear off and slam out for about 2 hours before I fell asleep, snored like crazy and woke up feeling like my head had gotten hit with a baseball bat multiple times. Not worth it, so I didn't do it after that. And I did have work the day after and I was definately NOT motivated to do a single thing but drink water and pop excedrin.

I agree with Scott here. Being responsible is one of the most important lessons one will learn in life. Some pick it up quickly, some no, some never.

Back