Drum 2 Disc Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phantumxone

Hello, new to the group.. I have a 96 Civic EX and I want to change the rear braking system and I want to know what will be the best route to go.. Can I still use honda parts from a different year?

i am not sure what fits exactly with your 96, but i am very confident that you could find another civic with rear disc brakes from the same generation and just swap them over.
it's easiest to use the whole trailing arm and make sure you get the e brake cables too.

use the 1999-2000 civic si or 94-01 integra rear disc brakes they will bolt right in.
you will need the whole trailing arms, with calipers, and rotors, also you need the e-brake cables as said above, you will ALSO need the brake hoses.
I should have all te stuff you need if you wanna buy. . . prolly need new rotors & pads tho.

in the long run, drum brake offer more surface area for stopping power, it's getting rid of the heat that's a problem.

it really sepends on where you live, shipping for these things is expensive, if you live around NY, then it wont be so bad, but Im not gonna try to sell them to you if you live far away because it's gonna cost too much to ship them.

Yeah, I can understand that but it won't be that bad because I live in NJ.

Ok, let me weigh them this weekend (that's when Ill be at my garage) and Ill get a shipping quote and then Ill figure out a price, PM me on monday and Ill let you know what I come up with, also send me a PM before then with your zip so I can get exact shipping.
Lata

Back