drum kit or 4-link?

drum kit or 4-link?

• drum kit

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 4-link

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
im in dilemma...sort of. ive been thinking about learning to play drums for awhile now as way of getting out some frustration so-to-speak. anyways, i found a 5-piece Pearl drum kit with cymbals, high-hat and all hardware at a local pawn shop for $300. the drum heads look like they could be replaced, but thats ok. and the cymbals look a little worn but im sure they would sound fine. i figured for $300 for everything and being used, it would be a good kit to learn on. ive got a guy i work with that plays drums in a band and he could gimme a lessons so thats no problem there.

my other option is to get a 4-link for my truck. the truck has been bagged for about a year and im running monoleaf. my only problem is i dont know how to weld the brackets and what-not not to mention bar measurements, getting new bags and whatever fabricating that i need to do. i can buy the bags and the 4-link but the others i have no clue how to do.

thats my dilemma...

tough call

i'd say get the 4 link but i'm not much into playing musical instruments

your house mate has a guitar so you could be jamming out together

:shrug2:

drag that shit

lol yeah James is learning to play the guitar. im THINKING the drums might be easier to learn than a guitar would be but hell i dunno since ive never played either. and with the 4-link, i could wait until next month to get it or sometime this winter that way i can do other much needed work on my truck at the same time. im thinking about back-halfing the rear end but again, welding is something i dunno how to do.

thanks for the comment on the truck, B!

playing drums is easier than playing guitar.... at first.
then it kinda flip flops once you get kinda good...
then it flip flops again when you're a pro.

guitar is hard at first because your fingers aren't used to going that way. its much easier to mash down with some sticks. :D
but, once you get good, i think being a solid drummer is harder to find than a solid guitar player... so i'm assuming drums are harder to perfect.
i dunno. i can tool myself around on a kit, but i suck for playing anything other than a simple straight beat. fills ruin me. lol

DRUM KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

btw, I've learned the scale on the G B and high E string. Now I just have to get them down so I can do most of it without looking up at where I'm putting my fingers.

"the scale" ? lol there's 12 different scale roots, each with a minor, major, and all the lydian, phrygian, and so on modes of each root. And then, there's the half scales like the "blues scale" and "pentatonic scale" and all the rest

there's still a lot to learn my friend :)

hehe

Like I said, the basic scale on the G, B and high E strings...

I never said I mastered a damn thing yet. lol

drag that shit and get it in primer already

Back