Drums To Discs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGman9911

New driver
alright well im just getting everything ready for a swap i need new disc brakes in the front i have drums on the back so i figured that i might as well just get all 4 new discs.. i want to go the LS route so i was thinkin about just geting stock LS discs but im not sure if they would work and what i would need...can any one help?

1) Sentences start with a capital letter.
2) Please use proper grammar
3) You didn't tell us what type of car you plan on swapping discs to. If you want a real response provide us with some information.

That is all

alright, i don't get y people wanna check for grammar and spelling and shit, since when this became an english class????? as long as u get the point, who the F-_- cares, and YES we do need the info though

Well the main reason why people like proper grammar is because you only have to read through it once to comprehend it. I don't want to have to read through something two or three times to understand it.

I retract my statement, I just reread it again and it wasn't that bad. But I did make that post when I was tired so w/e. He still needs to tell us more details about his car though.

well.. i'm no sherlock holmes but his name is EGman.. so i would naturally assume it is a 92-95 civic hatch. the swap is simple.
fronts- just change out the whole front assembly..
the rears are the same. take off the whole trailing arm of the drum setup and replace it with the whole trailing arm of the disc setup. make sure you switch it out to rear disc ebrake cables too!!!
reuse your eg lca's and since your doing this you might also want to invest in an ls/gsr brake booster/ brake master cylinder.

To whom it may concern:

Alright well let me clarify on what exactly my purpose on this forum is. I drive a 1994 EG DX and i want to put LS disc brakes on. I have drums in the back and my discs in the front are bad so i want to swap them out. Is there a kit that someone has used that maybe i can? or any other information that relates to this topic and not my grammatical issues which, quite simply put, i dont give a shiznit about.

thanks to vincentek9 for not being dumb
and shout out to vtec919si for having my back FU#K GRAMMER

I did what you want to do and the only thing i had any issues with is the e-brake cable was a little to short and that was with 98 gsr brakes

Check out fastbrakes.com.They make several kits for your car.Kinda of expensive but well worth it.

this is what u do go to the junkyard rip those disc brakes off from a integra dont get gsr's but you could they are bigger disc or get disc from a 91 si dont matter they all fit just change the arms where it connects to ur shock and the one that grabs the chassie and btw u would need new hand brake lines and thats all to it bro!

This swap is simple but a front and rear swap will cost some money. You will need the whole spindle and control arm assembly for the front and for the rear you will need the whole control arm assembly and e-brake assembly. What you have to remember is that integras are based off of the civic chassis, and honda didn't change their suspension setup for the integra and civic chassis untill after 2001(Last year integra's), so everything is straight replacement. One thing no one mentioned is that for this swap you must use an integra brake proportioning valve because the rear discs require more brake fluid pressure than the drums. Without this valve you are actually loosing braking performance.

Back