drunkest city in America

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
Bahaha.... Bakersfield got #1... I believe it, nothing to do but hang out at bars...lol

Bakersfield tops list of drunk cities - BakersfieldCalifornian.com

g30e220000000000000dcdc677af7545301b569142b61fc0b8c1ae06659.jpg

LOL, SA and austin keeping it real.

I am a little surprised that of all the cities that make up the DFW metroplex, plano was singled out as sober. Guess cocaine doesn't count against the sober population.

Last edited:
I have been black out drunk in 6 of the 10 sober cities and 0 for 10 in the drunkest.

IDK how accurate these numbers are.

I guess you just have a lot of "those bars". My town has 3. Bars that have the same size crowd at noon that they do at midnight. And intrestingly enough, they're mostly the same crowd of people.

I wonder if that list for cities only over a certain size. I dont know if any of you have ever been to the keys, or key west in particular, but thats what that town is... bars, bars, and more bars. Not a very big population of locals, but they all drink a LOT, and all the tourists that are there constantly drink a LOT.

Montana and Wyoming aren't exactly the most densely populated states.

Probably by percentage people that responded to a survey saying they get drunk more than once a week.

I have been black out drunk in 6 of the 10 sober cities and 0 for 10 in the drunkest.

IDK how accurate these numbers are.

This just means you're a lush no matter where you go. :)

I believe SLC being number 1 most sober. You can't buy beer at a grocery store, and the liquor stores are all closed by 8 or 9. Bars close at 1 AM, and they are by law required to have shot size regulators on all of the liquor bottles. No extra stiff drinks there.

maybe thats why plano is on that list, because it's not convenient to get any kind of alcohol in that city outside of a restaurant.

Fort Worth kind of confused me. It was considered a dry county when I was there in 07, but then they built a liquor store within a mile of an elementary school, in plain sight of said school, which is illegal up here.

To top that off, Jamie, her friends, and I all walked into that very liquor store and she bought several different kinds of alcohol. She never even got carded (even though it was the day before her 21st birthday). If you walk into a liquor store up here with a friend and don't even buy anything you still get carded.

I get carded for tobacco products every time. Couldn't tell you the last time I got carded for booze. Other than showing ID while walking into a bar, it's been over a year.

I believe SLC being number 1 most sober. You can't buy beer at a grocery store, and the liquor stores are all closed by 8 or 9. Bars close at 1 AM, and they are by law required to have shot size regulators on all of the liquor bottles. No extra stiff drinks there.
this is basically CT too...
beer you can get at grocery stores, but most don't carry much.
9pm for package stores (a new England thing-- sells beer, wine, liquor)
we JUSt got it extended from 8pm last year.
we JUST got sales available on sunday last year
2am bar close weekends, 1am weekdays

Bako isn't really a college town... we have a bunch of roughneck oilfield workers and bros...lol

Back