Dry Ice + Alcohol = ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm wondering how well/fast it works

and if it does work well i would imagine there is a high risk for alcohol poisioning as well as carbon dioxide poisioning

been there...dunno if its the o2 deprivation or the alcohol, but it hits you pretty quickly

I dunno man, that sounds very lethal.

What it's doing is triggering your body to react to carbon dioxide, and you can get CO poisoning very easily. Then, when your heartrate kicks up you have a coronary.

Unless they are breathing liquid nitrogen (Of course in it's melted, vapor state) then the effects are even worse. The Benz.

I gave that a shot over the new years. It works rather effectively, albeit very quick.

Dry ice can be had from just about any grocery store. I paid 89 cents a pound for mine. Ten pounds of it goes a long way. Plus once you DO get trashed from that, other ideas for the dry ice come to mind.

KABOOM!!!!

I dunno man, that sounds very lethal.

i was thinking the same thing but it seems lots of people have done it with no consequences...

i wouldn't recommend sitting there huffing it for 30 minutes, but these guys took 5 hits from a hooka on 100 proof vodka and blew a .14 BAC in less than 2 minutes...

I gave that a shot over the new years. It works rather effectively, albeit very quick.

so it gets you smashed quickly, or it wears off quickly?

Last edited:
i wouldn't recommend sitting there huffing it for 30 minutes, but these guys took 5 hits from a hooka on 100 proof vodka and blew a .14 BAC in less than 2 minutes...

I would bet that most of that is just the residual alcohol in the CO2 that's in their lungs. Alcohol wants to evaporate from liquid it's suspended in (like blood, which is why you breathe it out when you drink), not much will get absorbed in the other direction under normal atmospheric pressure. I bet if you put the breathalyser over the bottle as the CO2 is sublimating you'd get similar results. I'd also bet that the majority of the 'effect' is psychological, as well as mild asphyxiation from the CO2.

so it gets you smashed quickly, or it wears off quickly?

Both, which leads me to believe that it is more than CO2 than the alcohol. Either way with a bottle of mango rum it smelled great :)

After that was no longer fun, the eleventeen martinis I had that night set me straight. All I can remember is that putting a big block of dry ice into boiling water pisses it right off.

Back