Dryer: 1; Brian: 0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude, I work at a Home Depot in the Plumbing Dept. If you're installing a dryer vent duct, either get one of those really long 25ft ones they sell or 2-8fters. Get a couple spare hose clamps and a 4" duct coupling. Basically if you cant find that thing, yes you can jam them together, as long as it doesnt leak, which can be fixed with some duct sealant or foil tape is much easier. If you are too lazy for that, get a vent box..
No bullshit with ducting outside, it just ducts to a box which you fill with clean water every month or so. And for the duct work, get the semi-rigid. That foil shit is crap and fully rigid duct is over the top for a dryer install.

EDIT - Oh and if you paid for the install, you can get your money back by bitching.

Call hotrex, have him make you a 1337 4" T304 mandrel bent tube. Mad dryer, flow - y0!

No, seriously - either use sheetmetal screws, or rubber couplers. Also invest in a flapper-door style thingy. Or put mesh around the entrance. I think the last thing you need is a chipmunk crawling into your dryer and catching fire. My father is a fire-fighter - it's happened before.

:dry:
I'm not sure if you'll be able to jimmy-rig a rubber coupling (Fernco) to a dryer duct because the dryer duct might fold too much when you tighten those hose clamps on the coupling. But yeah, definately get a louvered duct (flappy door thing) or the louvered one with the Bird Guard.

We came to a conclusion tonight.

Steve is Bob Vila
I'm Steve Thomas... you know, the host guy who talks and doesn't do anything?? lol

i'm going to change my name.. lol

but yeah, it was a pain in the ass, but luckily we didin't have to buy any more parts. :) steve jerry rigged a coupler out of the old foundation pass pipe.

also, finished up the couch, so now i have two couches in the living room :)

oh, and i found my camera!!! :)

Back