dseries swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civcx93

Sorry for the probably blatantly stupid question, I have a cx civic that doesnt run and I am putting a d15b7 motor in it for the time being so i can have cheap transportation, rome wasnt built in a day. Anyways I need to know if I should go ahead and buy a P06 ecu or if I can use the existing P05 (assuming it works). Any help someone can offer is greatly appreciated. THANKS

You CAN USE the cx ecu, but it's not IDEAL, and your VTEC won't work.
It will run the car until you finish building rome or buy the right ecu. :)

The engine I have is a non-vtec d15b7 out of a 92 civic lx. The car that I have is a 93 civic cx with a d15b8, also non-vtec. The only question I have is if the ecu from my 8 valve non-vtec engine will work with the 16 valve non-vtec engine I am installing. The only differences I am aware of from my old engine to my new engine (new to me) is that the head has 16 valves instead of 8 and my pistons have 2 valve recesses in the top of each piston as opposed to my new engine which has 4. I just wanted to know if my P05 will work, or if there might me any benefits to finding a P06 ecu?

I never saw the 7.
Anyways, it will run your car.
The benefit to the right ecu is... your car will run better 9/10 times.

Thanks man, I really appreciate your input. I found one on ebay shipped for 25 dollars so score. This is my first couple posts and this forum is awsome. Thanks again

Back