DSM 450s setting a solid cel, car wont run

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

i have 93 del sol , 2000 B16A2 swap, obd1 P06 chipped to a P28. im usin all Crome pro with an ostrich and an LC1 wb. garrett T3 (.48/60)

i had DSM450cc in running, now dont ask me how, i think its cause i had RC's before, but i put in the DSMs without a resistor box. (i know, i have no clue what i was thinking) but for some reason, everything worked fine, i drove it for 6 days straight and just base tuned mostly cruising A/F's, everything but datalogging was woring with crome pro. now after i realized DSMS need a resistor box, i fired one in tonight, everything started up mint, i first tried my bin i had for my base tune with 450s in. i put in the box, start the car and it idles a LITTLE rough, runs kinda lean now at idle so i i richened it up a tiny bit, the car was idling well, i let it sit at warm right up, A/Fs were good now at idle, i drove away to go tune with the box in the car now, i get 3.5ft, the cat sputs once and dies. it never started again. and now i have a solid cel no matter what BIN. i have spark and no fuel inj. pulse. fuel pressure, yes. i tried reloading, shutting down the car, making a whole new basemap. put in a bone stock p28, car runs, but idles bad cause of the 450s, but no codes at all. how could adding a resistor pack fry a computer, it would i only have less voltage running through the ECU inj drivers, so it couldnt fry those drivers for the injectors right? i mean the car even idled with for 25mins with me even giving it revs in neutral. so why all of a sudden under load.
ill try putting bone stock injectors in tommorow

i checked all my wiring, its clean, everything shrink tubed and soldered, i dont see how anything would short to ground

any ideas??

i know everything is updated as i was using it 2 hours ago before this happened

also i might add as i found this strange. i went to a perf shop, he had 2 extras and he gave me them,. now i keep reading that all these boxes have 1 red wire and six black, well mine didnt, it looks the same but the wires are WAYY diferent, im going to try and remember here, my car is stuck in a shop 45mins from me so i cant really check. there was one brown wire and the others all had tracers with them, blue with white, one yellow with black, one red with, shit i cant remember the rest. it had one solid yellow wire that i was told was an extra. (i wired it in how he told me) i tapped into a 12v source and connected it to the power wire of the box, (brown) i tried to keep it neat, i didnt twist all the injector power wires together like ive seen some ppl do. but i cant see how that could make a difference, anyways if you have any clue what style resistor box i may have let me know, im thinkning its JDM.

if this is the wrong one, what cars are the boxes with the 4 black wires and 1 red!

i dont know if its also worth mentioning that shortly after all this happened. right after my ostrich stopped working, its not the ostrich though, cause all of a sudden my new laptop doesnt recognize any usb ports. greaaaaaat

bought a brand new chipped ECU today as a spare as well as another resistor box and it has 4 BLACK and 1 RED wire, yaaayy, i REALLY hope this works out alright! :worthy:

glad to see all the progress. let us know how your tuning goes. Are you tuning with just afr's or are you using egt as well? Who did you get your ecu from?

Quoted post[/post]]
glad to see all the progress. let us know how your tuning goes. Are you tuning with just afr's or are you using egt as well? Who did you get your ecu from?

ecu fixed it, no res box must have fried it for sure, what a dumb mistake. anyways im tuning A/Fs for now and just doing basic timing, EGT is on order, but my Ostrich is fuckin up huge, so i gotta send it back, but i couldnt send it back till i got my burn 1, which i got today, so i gotta burn this base chip and wait for my ostrich to come back to tune some more. and by then my EGT will be here. my wideband is already ruined, put in another one, works fine now, but the ostrich used to run the car, now its just gone completely fubar and the car wont run unless i plug the USB from the ostrich to a powered laptop. if you disconnect it the car dies, it still dies every nowand then, about every day it dies, ive gotten stuck on the freeway about 6 times. had to open laptop upload BIN and cycle the key. im gonna attempt burning chips tonight so i can get this ostrich out of there. im tryin to find some info on using the burn 1. specifically which end the front of the chip goes. any idea bergy?

I have had problems with my ostric before, but nothing that bad... Try replacing the battery inside of it, AA or AAA I think, maybe you got a dead one somehow.

on the chip, the ^ arrow at the top points up towards the rest of the ecu if you hold the ecu with the socket at the bottom left corner. bottom. if you have a zif socket, it points at the lever.

Also, the red wire on the ostrich ribbon cable should be on the same side as the notch would be on a normal chip.

Quoted post[/post]]
Also, the red wire on the ostrich ribbon cable should be on the same side as the notch would be on a normal chip.

thanx. i had it all plugged in right, it was working for a while then just kept goin all screwy, and i tried changing the batteries first thing and it didnt fix it, there seems to be a bad connection somewhere or one of the wires in the cable might be broken, im not sure though im leaving the diag part up to mr.moates.

i got my burn 1 and burned my program there and sent the ostrich back today, so we'll see what craig has to say. the burn 1 worked great. once i get my ostich back and my laptop back from the shop, and now that i got my new ECU ill try this datalogging stuff again!

Back