Dsm Go Boom!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow, that sounded like someone threw a bucket of rocks on his car. and since we are all psyco and are nuts about cars, anyone want to take a guess at what he broke? my guess is he either broke a rod and the piston slammed the head and crank, or something in the head broke and got thrown around everywhere. but what is weird is that it doesnt sound like he was revving all that high, but redlining it at idle is definitley not good.

sounds like rods got thrown out the block, sounds like you can hear them hitting the bottom of the car? sounded like he crashed into something, and ya, he wasn't revving that high at all. :wtf:

"was that your engine?"

it didn't sound like he was reving high but then again when he was sitting at the light it sounded like he had it floored and kept hitting the rev limiter right before launch

Originally posted by Baker@May 6 2003, 07:11 PM
"was that your engine?"

it didn't sound like he was reving high but then again when he was sitting at the light it sounded like he had it floored and kept hitting the rev limiter right before launch

is that what that noise was? i was thinking it sounded funny when he was revving at the light

I don't know if thats wat it was in this case but thats basically what it sounds like when you rev up to your limiter at a stop.

s3eb87d5fa604f.jpg

Wow. That's some pretty heavy duty carnage...

The E46 board guys are assholes

The rev limiter at the light was a launch limiter

Just a few things to point out.... :)

Originally posted by SolReaver@May 6 2003, 11:34 PM
s3eb87d5fa604f.jpg

that is fucking great. i laughed my ass off at that one. probably the best photoshop yet :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

as for the video- it didn't even sound like he was getting on it that hard... I dunno... gay but she went boom, thats for sure.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 7 2003, 12:58 AM
it didn't even sound like he was getting on it that hard... I dunno... gay but she went boom, thats for sure.

it's a dsm... what do you expect?

and by the way....what exactly is crankwalk? i know that dsms have a problem with it but what is it?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@May 7 2003, 03:11 PM
and by the way....what exactly is crankwalk? i know that dsms have a problem with it but what is it?

When your crankshaft "walks" away from its normal seated position. Just think of it as the crank becoming unstable while it's spinning... and combined with the amount of power people are putting out with those engines under boost, and the revs that they spin at, a crank not spinning true is a scary thing.

so its lateral position phsically changes and becomes unstable?

Back