DSM injectors into my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrimport2003

Got a 96 coupe and I am wanting to upgrade my injectors for my civic, so I found some 450cc mitsubishi injectors, blue top, and I was wondering will they plug into my injector plugs, I have both OBD1 and OBD2 plugs, OBD2 is what is in the car of course but I have a OBD1 harness as well I can use. Or do I have to use mitsu plugs, any is there anything else I have to do to install these mitsu injectors, thanks for the help guys

They should plug into your OBD1 connectors. If your deal falls through let me know. I have a set of 450's with clips for sale.

Currently I am using a MSD box, Stock Fuel Rail, FMU, fuel pressure regulator, and big fuel pump 255lph, what should I be using, thanks

the fmu....did it come stock with the turbonetics kit?

and do you run rich?

how is your gas mileage?

im savin up for a week or so and buying the afc (dont think i need the Vafc just yet....no need to mess with vtec settings) injectors and resistor box.

its called a "hack" and pales in comparison to hondata. i heard horror stories about guys who use the hack and they got shitty idles and rough starts and bogging.....

hondata will run ~1000.00 or so with boost option, tuning, install etc etc etc.

im wondering how much of the "hack" part of the "hack" is actually true, and if i can live with the inevitable problems that i might encounter with it?

hondata won't run 1000.

its MSRP of 495 for the s200/b which means, you can get it for 350 all day long.

add injectors, and a fuel pump, and you are 200-300 more. 600ish is half of $1000.
plus, you already have a fuel pump... so take off the $90 that that costs...
and you can sell your FMU and MSD shit, and probably break about half of the cost of hondata.
msd is not required- I'm shooting for 450+ whp on stock ignition.
i've seen 550 whp on stock ignition. honda ignition > MSD.

the HACK is called a hack for a reason- its a jerry-rigged approach. if you want it done right, you need a computer that can READ boost- not trick your current one into thinking it doesn't have it.

well can anyone tell me what dsm injectors will plug into my 96 civic injector plugs, I am looking to get some 1G 450CC injectors , I have obd1 injector plugs if I need to use those as well, thanks again guys

i know nothing about dsm injectors... othetr than you need to run a resitor box with them, because they are peak/hold design, and not saturated.

That said, there was a right up on hondata saying how dsm injectors suck. be that as it may, they are yet another cheap "hack"

I'm not even sure if they physically fit in the rail without cutting or trimming of them or the rail. after all, they are made for a dsm, not a honda. sorry i cna't help in that area

285 cc's on stock Teg injectors.

I've got 550cc Venom upgrades for a DSM in my car. Seem to work fine so far. :p

Everything was a drop in installation, we lucked out. Clips were correct, seals were perfect, no trimming, nothing. :)

I've seen aobut 400 different numbers quoted for stock injectors... From what I've experienced first hand, d and b series EXCEPT THE ITR, are mid to high 200's, ITR and H22 is supposedly 310's.

240, 285, whatever. They need to be replaced anytime you plan on going forced induction! (unless it's a wet kit, of course) :)

from what i've seen all b/d series are 240cc
h22 are 310 or 330 depending on year

who knows.... i got 860s lol

So what you guys recommend getting DSM 450CC for my honda, I checked out homemadeturbo.com and alot of people are running them???

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2003, 12:30 AM
hondata won't run 1000.

its MSRP of 495 for the s200/b which means, you can get it for 350 all day long.

hondata WILL run ~1000.00 by the time you are done buying it, paying someone to install it, paying for dyno time and paying for someone to tune....
boost option as well?

could be cheaper if you do most of the work yourself...

Back