DSM is breaking up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SYPHONSCIVIC

My brothers 95 Eclipse GST is breaking up/ spuddering at about 5000rpm. He just put on new coil packs, plugs and wires. Turned down the boost a pound or 2, hared to tell manual boost controler. Has a bigger fuel pump. Does anyone have any ideas?

you guys are worthless.

if its spuddering up top, its losing either fuel, spark, or both.

clogged injector?
run a can of fuel injector cleaner or something.. se if that does anythign

I will have him try injector cleaner. Thanks. DELSOL Is there any way of realy cleaning out injectors and/or checking them? My brother likes him DSM's, Spoda

Originally posted by SYPHONSCIVIC@May 26 2004, 02:23 PM
I will have him try injector cleaner. Thanks. DELSOL Is there any way of realy cleaning out injectors and/or checking them? My brother likes him DSM's, Spoda

it will probably cost you more to cleran them then to just buy another set of dsm 450's off ebay or something. they go for like 50-75 a set.

its a dsm. its future and destiny is to end up in a junk yard, with its motor in a mirage.... :blink:

Thanks for the help TurboMirage :angry: and UnlimitedEK9 :angry: . Big help. TurboMirage is seems to me that you hava 4G63, do you know anything about them?

Originally posted by SYPHONSCIVIC@Jun 2 2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the help TurboMirage :angry: and UnlimitedEK9 :angry: . Big help. TurboMirage is seems to me that you hava 4G63, do you know anything about them?

Yeah, he knows lots about them. He's our resident Mitsubishi Guy.

To be honest I think your answers might come a lot easier from a DSM forum, but again it sounds like your bro is losing spark or fuel.

www.dsmtuners.com

and yes, it does sound like an injector problem. cleaning them isn't necessarily that expensive...but you might as well get some 550's at least in case you feel like boosting more sometime

yes, even on the T25

buy newer, bigger injectors and turn up the boost. :shrug2: i dont really know too much about dsm's, except for swap info into a mirage.

it would be nice to have a 4g63t in my mirage... from a 1g TSi.

im more of a single cam guy. always have been.

Back