dsm turbo on a ka?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what kind of engine management should i run with? i want to get a cobra or z32 maf and run a good engine management instead of running a hacked maf like some guys do

J30 = Infinity J30.

VG30DE, auto.. basically a 300zx n/a motor on an s14 chassis.

would a stock skyline turbo work well for my setup? i think it's a t25, but you guys probably know better than me

just out of curiousity, why would you stick an independent rear end under the truck? or do you just mean put a VG30 in it to start with? cause some of the old hardbodies already cames with them, you could use stock mounts and all and swap in an entire 300ZX turbo engine and tranny with all the electronics. a lil more complicated then "just stick it in" but you catch my drift.

you'll end up payin a crap ton for a skyline turbo. why not use a porsche turbo? lol. go rip one off of a semi or somethin, DT4300 turbo. it'll work! lol

rb20 = t25
rb25 = t28
rb26 = 2 t28's.

turbos don't produce power- they produce air flow. depending on the motor, the power level will be drastically different.

keep in mind, most t28s are t25/t3 hybrids.... so its smaller than you basic saab t3.

and FYI- nissantech.com is back :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 10 2004, 04:37 PM
Maybe- I'm not sure on the turbo. I have to take the time to read through a bunch of compressor maps at once so I can compare instead of try to remember, then decide. I've more been looking out for manifold options, since there are so few out there for the SOHC in comparison to the DOHC.

Rear end plans = aftermarket LSD or 4x4 LSD rear axle. The ports will definitely be opened up if I get a chance to swap the head. I have an extra KA24E on a stand in my garage...

i need oneeeeeeee sooo bad... my ka threw a rod last thursday and i cant seem to find an e local..

damn yoooooouuu

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 14 2004, 05:52 PM
srt-4 turbo ::cough cough::

yay! nissantech is back!

how can i use an srt4 turbo when the exhaust manifold and turbine housing are one piece?

tada. when unable to locate proper equiptment, sometimes "rigging" or as talented people call it "fabrication" is in order.

;)

Back