Dsport March issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well at school today i picked up the March issue of Dsport. this is the first time i got this magazine because i always thought it would be the same shit as import tuner, which isnt all that good. well i gotta say this mag is 10 times better than IT, and has a lot more in depth technical info. I recommend that if you havent checked it out to do so.

There's a cool article in there about suspension and handling, that gets more in depth than a lot of other mags. it talks about weight transfer, traction circle theory, and what conditions actually affect your handling. I thought it was a cool article.

One thing i read that i had never heard of was something in an article about their R33 GT-R. they replaced the cams, and said they used mineral oil to break them in before replacing it with Royal Purple.Isnt mineral oil really thin? would that even provide enough protection for the motor to run? might be something, old or whatever, but i've never heard of that before.

What? Dude your crazy, IT is an awesome mag. With plenty of technical info, sweet cars, and enough beautiful women to satisfy the multitudes.

Now, Dsport is a really cool magazine. (Both Dsport and IT have the same parent company I do believe, which is why they look similar). But really its just a knock off of IT, with the exception of, I think Dsports chicks > IT chicks.

Personally I prefer SCC for a good bulk of the info I get. They have excellent project cars and inovative thoughts they share with there fanbase (aka "Technobabble"). No more dave coleman though, so that sucks, but I think that mag will get along fine none-the-less.

And as always every magazine is gonna have their 'ricey' cars, some more-so than others. But when it comes down to it they all have their pros and cons. More magazines you should check out if you havent already is, HCI (a personal favorite, prolly least biased mag out there), Honda Tuning (duh, obviously), and Modified Mag (they have a couple cool articles once in a while, lol, like that 520whp Scion tc).

Hahah mini truckin is a cool mag, I used to get it, now its just honda tuning and FHM.

Originally posted by unsivil_audio@Mar 2 2005, 08:03 PM
What? Dude your crazy, IT is an awesome mag. With plenty of technical info, sweet cars, and enough beautiful women to satisfy the multitudes.

Now, Dsport is a really cool magazine. (Both Dsport and IT have the same parent company I do believe, which is why they look similar). But really its just a knock off of IT, with the exception of, I think Dsports chicks > IT chicks.

Personally I prefer SCC for a good bulk of the info I get. They have excellent project cars and inovative thoughts they share with there fanbase (aka "Technobabble"). No more dave coleman though, so that sucks, but I think that mag will get along fine none-the-less.

And as always every magazine is gonna have their 'ricey' cars, some more-so than others. But when it comes down to it they all have their pros and cons. More magazines you should check out if you havent already is, HCI (a personal favorite, prolly least biased mag out there), Honda Tuning (duh, obviously), and Modified Mag (they have a couple cool articles once in a while, lol, like that 520whp Scion tc).
[post=468496]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i know thta they are probably related mags, but i just think that i prefer Dsport over IT, but they are both good. and yea definately SCC is the best in my book.

anyone got any info on that break in process?

although the magazine isnt as thick or as popular as some of the other magazines I prefer Honda Tuning...Dsport is second choice though

This is the only Import Tuner I've ever bought. And for one reason only.

:wub: Courtney Day

Attachments

• 0306it_model05_z.jpg
    0306it_model05_z.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,575
Back