1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dsport March issue

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Dustin_m, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Well at school today i picked up the March issue of Dsport. this is the first time i got this magazine because i always thought it would be the same shit as import tuner, which isnt all that good. well i gotta say this mag is 10 times better than IT, and has a lot more in depth technical info. I recommend that if you havent checked it out to do so.

There's a cool article in there about suspension and handling, that gets more in depth than a lot of other mags. it talks about weight transfer, traction circle theory, and what conditions actually affect your handling. I thought it was a cool article.

One thing i read that i had never heard of was something in an article about their R33 GT-R. they replaced the cams, and said they used mineral oil to break them in before replacing it with Royal Purple.Isnt mineral oil really thin? would that even provide enough protection for the motor to run? might be something, old or whatever, but i've never heard of that before.

2. unsivil_audio

unsivil_audio Ninja's pwn samuri's.

What? Dude your crazy, IT is an awesome mag. With plenty of technical info, sweet cars, and enough beautiful women to satisfy the multitudes.

Now, Dsport is a really cool magazine. (Both Dsport and IT have the same parent company I do believe, which is why they look similar). But really its just a knock off of IT, with the exception of, I think Dsports chicks > IT chicks.

Personally I prefer SCC for a good bulk of the info I get. They have excellent project cars and inovative thoughts they share with there fanbase (aka "Technobabble"). No more dave coleman though, so that sucks, but I think that mag will get along fine none-the-less.

And as always every magazine is gonna have their 'ricey' cars, some more-so than others. But when it comes down to it they all have their pros and cons. More magazines you should check out if you havent already is, HCI (a personal favorite, prolly least biased mag out there), Honda Tuning (duh, obviously), and Modified Mag (they have a couple cool articles once in a while, lol, like that 520whp Scion tc).

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

4. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Hahah mini truckin is a cool mag, I used to get it, now its just honda tuning and FHM.

5. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

yours truly was in the August 2001 issue of MiniTruckin' in the MiniTruckin Grafitti section :D

6. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

yeah i know thta they are probably related mags, but i just think that i prefer Dsport over IT, but they are both good. and yea definately SCC is the best in my book.

anyone got any info on that break in process?

7. tphan4

tphan4 Senior Member

although the magazine isnt as thick or as popular as some of the other magazines I prefer Honda Tuning...Dsport is second choice though

8. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

This is the only Import Tuner I've ever bought. And for one reason only.

:wub: Courtney Day

Attached Files:

9. mdlax1

mdlax1 Senior Member

On the Proverbial picked fence of Insanity....
    import tuner is great if you need to find the number for the electronic supercharger..

10. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

bahahhahaha
    :lol: :lol:

damn Courtney Day is t3h hot

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted