DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

What is the higher quality signal...DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1?

And does anyone know of any 6.1 or 7.1 recorded movies?

in the long run dolby digital 5.1 and dts are supossedly equivalent to each other. They both have the con's and pro's. I'd look for something with Dolby Digital EX (almost a true 6.1 as the rear center channel is a matrix) as it seems to be the standard used much more often in movie soundtracks.

True 7.1 is THX, and the only movies I have seen use a THX soundtrack are films made by Lucas Arts

Some good reads
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsf...ydigitaldts.php

i find that article very out dated, even though its stamped august 2004.

there is plenty of hardware, software, and media supported dts neo 6 and so forth.

Sound is all a matter of opinion.
To me, The DTS neo-6 sounds the best in my room, with my dvds, and my speakers.

DTS. That is all.

I have DTS in my car and there is nothing else on the planet like it. The clarity is unsurpassed in a DTS system.

Downside is that DD movies outnumber DTS 2 to 1 just about. DTS used to be very expensive so normal home junkies couldn't afford it. However I do believe it is the superior system.

I've got Dolby Dig. EX and neo6 support. I'll just have to do some reading on the ups and downs of each. I don't have 7.1 support, but it'll do 6.1 with a split rear center. I'm thinking about getting a 7.1 receiver, but I may not. Just starting my research.

More feedback or experiences are welcome.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 28 2004, 06:29 PM
i have a 6.1 set up and i love it
[post=423366]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have any good movies in 6.1 and what mode do you use when you're listening? ....if you don't mind me asking.

I just scored a Sony 5.1 home theater set up. I will post up my review later this week when I can get around to installing it.

I'm looking at getting the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and I don't know what speakers I'm going to go with. And the new Sunfire sub sounds good too, but I need to find what speakers will be in range with that sub. Xmas is fun!

Originally posted by webink_EK9+Nov 28 2004, 05:45 PM-->
92CivicCx
@Nov 28 2004, 06:29 PM
i have a 6.1 set up and i love it
[post=423366]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have any good movies in 6.1 and what mode do you use when you're listening? ....if you don't mind me asking.
[post=423372]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont remember off hand i do need to upgrade my conects and get a better dvd player

Originally posted by spectacle@Nov 29 2004, 12:10 AM
Do you have your plasma yet pissedoff?
[post=423473]Quoted post[/post]​

nope. should be here 12/7 they said. :( free shipping = wait 2 weeks i guess :(

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Back