dual exhaust on 97 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@Jul 10 2003, 06:53 AM
if ur car was really modded,ie. puttiing power down liek an s2k, then i guess a dual exhaust on a 4 banger would be understandable...

every S2k i see at the track (that isnt bone stock) has been converted to single exhaust

dual exhaust on a inline 4 cylinder engine is all for looks... it gives absolutly NO performance advantage

Think about it....every header for an inline-4 engine converges into a single pipe....what would the advantage be to then make it diverge into 2 or more pipes?

the only way to make it truely work as well as a single exhaust, would be to make a completly custom setup

basicly instead of a 4-1 or a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold .... you would have to do two 2-1 manifolds, and then run those all the way back

it would still be more weight though so it still wouldnt be as good as one pipe running all the way back

we are only trying to help you out, go with single.

Milan

Ok so this Dual Exhaust issue has been stabbed, shot, drug in the mud of borken glass, and beaten to death. But I like to pratice Necromancy... so let me ask you this. Why can 4-cyl bikes have Duals? There is probably a simple explination, but I'm preatty much an idiot that would like to know. If your asking which bike. Its the Hayabusa. ( AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT "BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH IT ADDS MORE WIEGHT IT HAS NO AFFECT ON A BIKE BECUASE ITS LIGHTWEIGHT ALREADY") I'm not sayin anybody would say that. I'm just picturing pisseoffSol thinking it.

Originally posted by Moon Ill@Jul 31 2003, 11:59 PM
Ok so this Dual Exhaust issue has been stabbed, shot, drug in the mud of borken glass, and beaten to death. But I like to pratice Necromancy... so let me ask you this. Why can 4-cyl bikes have Duals? There is probably a simple explination, but I'm preatty much an idiot that would like to know. If your asking which bike. Its the Hayabusa. ( AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT "BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH IT ADDS MORE WIEGHT IT HAS NO AFFECT ON A BIKE BECUASE ITS LIGHTWEIGHT ALREADY") I'm not sayin anybody would say that. I'm just picturing pisseoffSol thinking it.

Every single person I know who has a bike with duals "other then harleys" they remove them and put on a single pipe and yes weight does matter and thats another reason to do ONE

and one of my friends just so happens to have a Hayabusa with a built motor and hes also spraying N20 and once again has a SINGLE EXHAUST PIPE!

Duals are pointless other then show

when you have a V engine then duals can "not always" be a good idea because you have TWO headerS "note the S on the end of header" so in order to run 1 exhaust pipe you would have to run both headers together or you could just run them straight back

I want quad exhaust. I will run it like this...

Header, cat, long pipe, header installed backwards. Wow, I would be fast then. I would also have antlers protecting my bumper!

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 2 2003, 03:05 PM
I want quad exhaust. I will run it like this...

Header, cat, long pipe, header installed backwards. Wow, I would be fast then. I would also have antlers protecting my bumper!

:lmao: :yes: That set-up will get you into Mid 11's. Low 12's at worst. Yeah yo!

ARe Twin Canister mufflers dual exahust...? Just a question. I was looking at Arospeeds.

After you get the dual exhaust installed, you should install a flame thrower kit... then you'll be cool... 2F2F style. If your Honda was a horse, I'd shoot it.

Back