Dual Filament Crx Head lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I need to rewire my headlight as of right now i do not have much low beams, only 1/2 of one. So i went and looked at the pigtails at the store and came to thinking about wiring up H4 headlights so i would only need to replace one bulb when it stopped working.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to in corperate H4 headlights in a crx rather than the 9005 bulbs?
the wiring isn't an issue that's easy. i wonder about putting the housing etc together.

I haven't looked this up off hand, just tested the wires and plugged stuff like that in. I cant think of the standards either.
When I used the JDM headlights for my crx it was one bulb per housing, and just used a harness from an EJ/EG since they have the same harness and bulbs. Cut apart the harness and tested the wires to put them in the right places. Worked fine for me.

Hope this helps some way or another.

So, you have a headlight that's able to hold and properly direct the H4 beam? That's the first step.

Next, you rewire. It shouldn't be too hard. Just take the positive terminal from the 9005-plug, and make that your High-beam on the h4 plug, take the positive from the 9006, and use that as the low. You can either ground to chassis, or use one or both grounds for the common ground on the H4 plug. Here's a (very crude, but accurate) diagram showing how to do it. H4 - 9005/9006

Personally, I'd get some H4 Plugs, then get some male 9005 and 9006 connectors, and just make an adaptor harness, because modifying your factory harness is a pain in the ass, and it's not cool when something breaks.

Edit:

Here's a shopping list for you. I don't prefer this shop, and I have no affiliation with them, You can thank google for finding them for me. I'm feeling lucky ftw.
KYO 9005 Plug-N-Play Heavy Duty Harness [KYO-PNP-WH-9005] - $19.99 : Car Lighting Halogen headlight upgrade
KYO 9006 Plug-N-Play Heavy Duty Harness [KYO-PNP-WH-9006] - $19.99 : Car Lighting Halogen headlight upgrade
KYO H4 Plug-N-Play Heavy Duty Harness [KYO-PNP-WH-H4] - $19.99 : Car Lighting Halogen headlight upgrade

You don't need the heavy duty harnesses, you really just need the male plugs for 9005/6 and the female plug for H4.

Last edited:
cool. thanks for the advice. The housing is the problem though.

Cut and glue, maybe? take the front of the crx housing and the back of an eg housing?

Back