Duck Dynasty suspends Phil after GQ interview

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That moment, when you realize conservatives are arguing that their religion creates government entitlements...

Yes he does have the right to say that. Did you notice he wasn't arrested, that the article wasn't censored, that the magazine wasn't made illegal? All he had was his right to say it, and he exercised that right to its fullest extent by giving his opinion to be published in arguably the leading men's magazine in the world.

But news flash: conservatives and the religious are not the only people with this right. A&E has that right. They also have freedom of association, and they can choose to disassociate with people who tarnish their brand and harm their "goodwill" (a legal term that tries to describe the market value of a business' reputation). They have the right to not spend their money giving this man a platform to make hurtful comments about other people.

What I don't understand about the people who scream First Amendment is to what end they make the argument. Should the government force A&E to let him back on the show? If you are arguing it on a Constitutional level I don't see any other conclusion. You have to realize that if you start passing laws saying that religious rights come before economic rights, or the civil rights of minorities and the LGBT community, we're only a half step away from a monarchy and far, far afield from any reasonable notion of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

saw this on facebook... it must be true.

960222_560335237394286_1017486426_n.png
in this context, fuk a&e

Its true, but earlier in the article he says gays don't go to heaven. So while those words are nice, he's still judging others.

actually, it's a fact. straight people don't either. They go in the ground, or get burned, or viking'ed out on a fucking raft of fire.

Who the hell gives a flying fuck? So he doesn't like homos? Big deal! If we were all the same this world would be rather dull.

I agree with the man, what is it with other men seeking another mans anus.....women complain about anal I can't believe that gays enjoy getting their ass hammered.

actually, it's a fact. straight people don't either. They go in the ground, or get burned, or viking'ed out on a fucking raft of fire.
That's how I want to go.

Who the hell gives a flying fuck? So he doesn't like homos? Big deal! If we were all the same this world would be rather dull.

I agree with the man, what is it with other men seeking another mans anus.....women complain about anal I can't believe that gays enjoy getting their ass hammered.

I hope you don't have a show on A&E...because you're about to get the boot!

saw this on facebook... it must be true.

960222_560335237394286_1017486426_n.png
in this context, fuk a&e

Its true, but earlier in the article he says gays don't go to heaven. So while those words are nice, he's still judging others.

Actually, those words aren't that nice...not nice at all really. He's lumping homosexuality and terrorism together...

So they make shows that people watch because the people on the show are morons and make poor life decisions. Then one of the morons says something moronic and a vocal minority of outraged idiots call for his head. Then the stupid majority of people see this for the idiotic opinion that it is and post their stupid opinions decrying it all over Facebook.
that about sums it all up
i'm just shocked an extremely religious man would say that homosexuality is a sin
ooh wait... not surprised at all, put me in the who gives a fuck wagon

Actually, those words aren't that nice...not nice at all really. He's lumping homosexuality and terrorism together...

He lumped drunks in with terrorists!? I'm no terrorist!!

::sharpens pitchfork::

Is being drunk all inclusive, or do I have to answer for all the things I've done whilst drunk also? cause I swear to god I didn't know she was 16.

They are set for life even if they lose their show. I just cant believe that people actually buy their merchandise. I saw duck dynasty duck tape.

Phil is entitled to his opinion. I watched the first two seasons of it, but haven't seenit since then. It was getting too fake.

Back