Dude hit by car, Hartford, CT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man, who's better than all of you ? Give yourselves a round of applause !

hey, i admit i am an elitist asshole. i want the best of everything and work my ass off to get what little i have. i don't ask for free handouts, i don't ask for donations, and i don't want people to bother me to give them anything.

i don't have much compassion for the lazy, incompetent, or unwilling.

nor unwanted babies, apparently.
i wasn't planned. often i consider if i didn't live this life whether or not i would have missed out on anything.

i'm a coat hanger away from not caring. i'm sure if my dad had it his way, i would be biohazard waste in a plastic bag. asshole.

Well..

<inhale> Yeah.

Commence the jigglin' !

I paid $580 a year ago today...I have heard the price has gone up since...
i think it varies between planned parenthood and private clinics.

I know why noone helpted the dude out, lawyers. I put this up on another forum.

Heres what he had to say.

Dude said:
I will tell you why nobody helped - lawyers.

My wife's mother has been a nurse for 30+ years and has on many occasions helped people in situations where they have been hurt. That is she used to until she was sued by a guy who was in a car crash for the medical care she gave him until the paramedics showed up. The paramedics say she probably saved his life by applying the turniquet but he sued because she is not a registered 'first responder'. I guess he figured money was more imprtant than his life. She has even said several of the doctors she works with will flat out refuse to help someone because they won't be covered by their hospital's insurance if they help a stranger on the street. Couple this with the scare of AIDS and it's no wonder people won't rush to help an accident victim these days.

yeah based on what i read, in CT, this guy would get an immediate 911 call from me and that's about it :(.

PS is it just me or is this article full of idiocy? the good sam laws of indiana and michigan have nothing to do with the connecticut statute. :confused:

Last edited:
I know why noone helpted the dude out, lawyers. I put this up on another forum.

Heres what he had to say.
Dude said:
I will tell you why nobody helped - lawyers.

My wife's mother has been a nurse for 30+ years and has on many occasions helped people in situations where they have been hurt. That is she used to until she was sued by a guy who was in a car crash for the medical care she gave him until the paramedics showed up. The paramedics say she probably saved his life by applying the turniquet but he sued because she is not a registered 'first responder'. I guess he figured money was more imprtant than his life. She has even said several of the doctors she works with will flat out refuse to help someone because they won't be covered by their hospital's insurance if they help a stranger on the street. Couple this with the scare of AIDS and it's no wonder people won't rush to help an accident victim these days.

when i got in my accident there was a doctor driving by that stopped and stabilized me until the first responders got there
he probably saved my life
in my eyes, anyone who would sue someone for that is a pile of shit, and deserves to die

In CT you are indemnified from any and all damage you do while trying to aid anyone.

when i got in my accident there was a doctor driving by that stopped and stabilized me until the first responders got there
he probably saved my life
in my eyes, anyone who would sue someone for that is a pile of shit, and deserves to die

In CT you are indemnified from any and all damage you do while trying to aid anyone.
i think this is nationwide. i think it's commonly referred to as the "good samaritan" law. for example, if you do the heimlich on someone, it's common to break their sternum, they can't sue you because of it. but i have also heard about doctors not proving support. they can "help" but they wont try to save you.

on a side note, you can get sued if you are legally trained and DONT help. it's a catch 22.

i couldn't find an updated statue to prove your statement. the one i found (and linked) was dated 2000. it pretty clearly said those with medical experience or training are indemnified, and gave examples of who and what job capacities. it did not however indicate that people without any training or service-related job capacity are indemnified - it looks like a gray area that is determined by case law and individual circumstance.

there are some states whose good sam statutes say anyone and everyone should administer aid; there are other states that make the distinction and say everyone with medical knowledge, experience, responsibility should.

ooh we should have a draft for poor people
if you need welfare, you get a free job in the military

its a win win

That's what happens now. Poor, dumb, and over-bred people join the military to get "the better life". Instead they just cost the government more.

People these days need to be eraticated. I say population control....weed out the fucking spanners that do nothing to contribute.

I like you already. What we need to do is screen everyone. Anyone who can't figure out how much change I am supposed to get if I give you $35.35 for a $34.85 tank of gas needs to be shot.

i was thinking the opposite. we need to buy an island and just be isolated from society. have supplies dropped off once a month or some shit.

Wait, didn't the British Empire try this once? G'Day.

Back