Dude Really??? broken spark plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FIXED IT!!!!!

1. Tools: 3/8 EZ-out, punch, Hammer, 3/8 drive long rachet, 8 in 3/8 drive extention, ½ socket, PB blaster, elec tape
2. No damage to the head or spark plug thread (in the head).
3. Questions? Post up!

1254339549.jpg

1254339551.jpg

1254339553.jpg

1254339555.jpg

That's Fantastic!! I like those type EZ-outs, but for some reason only have the crappy helical ones.

Ya know, Did it come apart like in the pic? (right under the 'hex') I'd write up a not so nice letter describing what you went through with "THIER" product.. You may get some free plugs..?

Ef-kid, I just did a rebuild on a XR80r last winter and I could see how it stripped the threads. It was most likely tightened too much at some point, tearing the threads back toward the plug. There isn't much meat there and only take about 15ftlb of torque. Just enough to seal it.

Boostin, Not flaming you but, just think of how many vehicles have had a tune up done with the engine cold, not that many. For me, The only way it could be cold is if the customer left it over night. Otherwise it was hot.
Even when I'd run a dirt bike, me and whomever I'd be running with ALWAYS had extra plugs for that "just in case" moment. Or when I'd be on a tractor way out in the field, we always had spares also.
Look in the pits at a race. NO WAY would they wait 'till it's cool. I think it's more of how it's taken out. I'd never do it with an impact wrench/rachet unless I already have the head off. (more of a time thing stripping a motor down)
But there would be the "dissimilar metals" adhesion to where the metals would fuse together or corrode to a point that damage occurs on separation. Kind of like that dang self propelled mower that you got at a garage sale for a great deal because it wouldn't start.. But that's another story kids.

E

Last edited:
"That's Fantastic!! I like those type EZ-outs, but for some reason only have the crappy helical ones."

Pick them up a NAPA, 4piece EZ-out set $20

"Ya know, Did it come apart like in the pic? (right under the 'hex') I'd write up a not so nice letter describing what you went through with "THIER" product.. You may get some free plugs..? "

Dude im all over that!!

Back