duel point verses multiport

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pdqcrx

I have a 1989 crx dx with duel point injection. Going to put a d16 out of a 1988 si in it. Will the horsepower difference between the intake manifolds be worth the wiring problems. Want it to run to its potential but face facts its still a d-series and I'm really just in it for the gas milage. Would I just have to wire the injectors and swap out ecu's. Tried to search it but couldn't get a hit. Thanks.

Since he said hes putting a D16 in it - that he means a motor swap.

Motor will physically drop in, but wiring will need to be done for the injectors, manifold sensors and the like. I think you may also need a resistor box for the injectors, since the SI had them. Difference should be worth the work. The D16 block will allow you to do a VTEC minime swap later on, and also opens the door to boost.

Performance wise:Convert over to MPFI.You'll probably notice very little in the lower rpm band.It's all in the mid to high rpm band.For real pick-up you'll need the Si tranny, but that conflicts with your next point.

pdqcrx
I'm really just in it for the gas milage.

For gas mileage:
a)MPFI Conversion will make very little difference. :huh:
:cool: Don't put in Si tranny.Will kill your MPG,but will have good acceleration. :eek:
c)Taller Narrower tires will make a bigger improvement than MPFI. :)
d)For the biggest jump in mileage.Put in CRX HF tranny.You'll see up to 10 MPG improvement. :worthy: but your acceleration will suck.The caveat is now you can do 50mph in 1st gear like them Ferrari's. :mrgreen:

The link to the DPFI toMPFI:
http://www.hondacivicwagon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=79

Mini me swap can be done on the DX D15 block.

Back