dull/sun fade cf fix (1st attempt)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

yesterday i decided i would try to fix my dulled out cf duckbill wing. i took some pics and made a little walk though on what i did.

heres what it looked like, all dull and nasty.
faded1.jpg

faded2.jpg

first this is all the jazz i used (budget): 1can clear paint, a pack of 2000 grit sand paper, 1 bottle of goo gone, 1 tube of liquid nails, also some micro fiber towels and a bunch of water.
thegoods.jpg

the liquid nails is for trouble spots like this where the clear coat my have cracked or been filled in with paint, also for the underside where any of the fiber strands may have become loose.
faded3.jpg

after washing it off, and going over it 4 times with the 2000 grit wet sand i got most of the burned clear coat off. i then washed it, tried a buff...didnt work, then resorted to the clear paint to add a bit of shine. i suck with painting and left streaks, but that can be fixxed next go around. after the clear went on i did one more wet sand to smooth it all out and ended up with this.
done1.jpg

i know its not perfect, but ill just do it again until i can get that painting fine tuned. i hope this helps, peace and good luck. ]=)

minimize tiger strippin( streaks) Less meterial consistent and more coats!

Did you buff it after you wet sanded the last time, if you wet sand after you apply the clear, then buff it will really shine.

Back