1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dull/sun fade cf fix (1st attempt)

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by sufikation, Jul 19, 2008.

1. sufikation

sufikation Active Member

yesterday i decided i would try to fix my dulled out cf duckbill wing. i took some pics and made a little walk though on what i did.

heres what it looked like, all dull and nasty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first this is all the jazz i used (budget): 1can clear paint, a pack of 2000 grit sand paper, 1 bottle of goo gone, 1 tube of liquid nails, also some micro fiber towels and a bunch of water.
    [​IMG]

the liquid nails is for trouble spots like this where the clear coat my have cracked or been filled in with paint, also for the underside where any of the fiber strands may have become loose.
    [​IMG]

after washing it off, and going over it 4 times with the 2000 grit wet sand i got most of the burned clear coat off. i then washed it, tried a buff...didnt work, then resorted to the clear paint to add a bit of shine. i suck with painting and left streaks, but that can be fixxed next go around. after the clear went on i did one more wet sand to smooth it all out and ended up with this.
    [​IMG]

i know its not perfect, but ill just do it again until i can get that painting fine tuned. i hope this helps, peace and good luck. ]=)

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

looks pretty good,,def. do some more sanding and try to get better at paint:p

3. Slow&Delirious

Slow&Delirious isn't fast or furious

yea, it looks nice, but i can see the strokes u made in the sun with the spray can

4. H2hatch2

H2hatch2 New Member

minimize tiger strippin( streaks) Less meterial consistent and more coats!

5. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Did you buff it after you wet sanded the last time, if you wet sand after you apply the clear, then buff it will really shine.

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

looks like you did a good job :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted