dumb ass ricers.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 mph feels like 60 once u have driven over 140

yea, but don't do it. I used to do 135 in the saab all the way down rt. 84, matamoras to dingmans ferry in about 5 and a half minutes, 30 miles. It took a good minute or so to hit 135 and I still had about 1.5k rpms left on the tach, now i won't do more than 80 because..1. I got smarter, 2. I'm risking mine and others lives, 3. one more point and I loose my liscense again. 4. I can't be that much in a rush 5. If I blow up the porsche I'm going to be really fuckin mad.

I like driving fast on public roads, I dont just get my car and hook it up to run on the track. I know how to drive, and I dont outrageously speed in heavily populated areas, and I litterally practice all the time, I just wanna make driving look real good.

Driving fast is one thing, but racing on the Interstate is just stupid and it was I-5 so I'm guessing there was some kind of traffic. I hate hearing this kind of news because its so saddening because of the loss of life, and, because then it puts me more into this crappy category of owning a car that kills.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jan 26 2004, 07:25 PM
because then it puts me more into this crappy category of owning a car that kills.

All cars can kill. WTH are you talking about, driving a honda is not fatal.

I like driving fast on public roads, I dont just get my car and hook it up to run on the track. I know how to drive, and I dont outrageously speed in heavily populated areas, and I litterally practice all the time, I just wanna make driving look real good.

funny... i bet that's EXACTLY what the 16 year old was thinking... before he crashed and killed people... including himself.

knowing how to drive doesn't mean jack. not everyone around you does... it's THEM you really have to look out for. you could be 'knowing how to drive... speeding' and oops... someone makes a lane change without using their blinker... they don't see you going so fast.... and whoops... that's the end of you.

I was paying attention to the ~eight mile straight stretch ahead of me. I rested the camera on the top of the steering wheel and glanced at it about six times to get it pointed in the right direction, ect... It was a mountain road in the Cascades, and I was at about 9000' elevation. For some reason, I wasn't able to pull more than 11 PSI, and that was all she had. Back here in Vermont, I've been able to pull full boost (16 PSI) to redline and do more than 160. I've done it once to prove it to myself that a near stock AllTrac could do that, and I'm happy. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I saw it with my own eyes and that's all that matters. :) I will NOT drive that fast with someone in my car unless they ask.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jan 26 2004, 08:14 PM

... speeding' and oops... someone makes a lane change without using their blinker... (they don't see you going so fast.... and whoops... that's the end of you.)

??? Oh really since when drifting and drag racing did not require skill?
Scenario one : your racing in lemans in your 700hp FWD civic and your coming up fast on the mazda 787B (LOL) your drafting off of him now (your move over a little and now your in his blind spot, You pull out to pass and he moves over and your going way faster than he is what do you do now?

Roll cages and airbags, seat belts, can save you. And the car has to get hit really hard in order for it to crush you inside.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 26 2004, 05:10 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Jan 26 2004, 07:25 PM
because then it puts me more into this crappy category of owning a car that kills.

All cars can kill. WTH are you talking about, driving a honda is not fatal.

No dude, I'm just talking about the more and more amount of bad characteristics associated with honda's and stupid drivers who drive riced out honda's that stand out in the news for being a street racer hitting someone compared to a DUI hitting someone.

It's just that everyone associates bad feelings when honda's come up where I'm from. It's getting old fast. I hate getting bad looks and kids flipping me off for no reason, and I don't even drive fast, or rev my engine, etc.

where did i say that they didn't require skill?? you're not understanding what i'm saying.

a lot of young kids 'think' they know how to drive. whether they are skilled or not, matters nothing when you're going that fast on the road where there's other people driving. it only takes one idiot to fuck you're game up. if you compare closed track racing to street racing you're an idiot.

basically all i'm saying... is these kids say they know how to drive, do this shit and end up dead.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 26 2004, 09:05 PM
Scenario one : your racing in lemans in your 700hp FWD civic and your coming up fast on the mazda 787B (LOL) your drafting off of him now (your move over a little and now your in his blind spot, You pull out to pass and he moves over and your going way faster than he is what do you do now?

Civic has the right of way because it has the inside line. The 787 needs to yield to the Civic and get passed. Since this is a race and both drivers are professional, the 787 knows this, and has been watching the Civic to make it's move, so he can make room.

Oh its like that there? Damn. Theres gonna be more hating when these swap start comming out in the masses.
I'm loving the new K-series swap that are comming up.
As I look at it I came in too late in the scene for the B-series, K-series is comming on hard to me.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jan 26 2004, 09:10 PM

a lot of young kids 'think' they know how to drive. whether they are skilled or not, matters nothing when you're going that fast on the road where there's other people driving. it only takes one idiot to fuck you're game up. if you compare closed track racing to street racing you're an idiot.

basically all i'm saying... is these kids say they know how to drive, do this shit and end up dead.

Alright alright.. I get you now, preacher.

that sucks, it's sad hearing that kind of shit.

once again, highway rush hour traffic racing is fucking stupid..........stick to the tracks people, thats why we have them

Where do you live....so I can stay out of your area, people like you are the cause of accidents, is it really nessacry to do 40 miles over the speed limit on a public road to practice? That's what the tracks are for, if there isn't on near you go to a reslly secluded place around you. I know how to drive too, but I nor my car have enough skill to weave through traffic at 140 mph, with some of these jersey driving idiots, I'm lucky I know how they think. You could be the best driver in the world and not be able to stop when an 18 wheeler pulls in front of you, becasue your doing 140 and hes doing 25 with a distance of like 500 feet..you slam on the brakes you skid and hit him, you swerve you sideswipe someone or just going to loose control and hit something else.
DO NOT risk other peoples lives becasue you "want to make driving look real good"

^^DO NOT risk other peoples lives becasue you "want to make driving look real good" ^^

:werd:

Where do you live....so I can stay out of your area, people like you are the cause of accidents, is it really nessacry to do 40 miles over the speed limit on a public road to practice? That's what the tracks are for, if there isn't on near you go to a reslly secluded place around you. I know how to drive too, but I nor my car have enough skill to weave through traffic at 140 mph, with some of these jersey driving idiots, I'm lucky I know how they think. You could be the best driver in the world and not be able to stop when an 18 wheeler pulls in front of you, becasue your doing 140 and hes doing 25 with a distance of like 500 feet..you slam on the brakes you skid and hit him, you swerve you sideswipe someone or just going to loose control and hit something else.
DO NOT risk other peoples lives becasue you "want to make driving look real good"

exactly what i was trying to tell him earlier... but wtf do i know... i'm just a girl right?? :shrug2:

icy winds... :nobreed:

anyone hear about the two kids in Georgia a few years back racinga camaro and trans-am? yeah, the fucktards were racing down a "deserted" road near here when a car came around the curve. one guy swerves, hits the other guy, his car shoots straight into a CHURCH (kinda ironic) killing both passengers, the other one hits a tree killing just the passenger.

im sure the guy who swerved knew how to drive well, or maybe, the other guy knew what he was doing. hmm cant remember, how about they both were STUPID AS HELL for thinking it too.

hmm, and come to think of it, both the drivers were 16, and just got a nice new fast car from mommy and daddy before they had any experience in the real world...

i've never gone up to 120 ever since i tried it out on highway 41 going towards green bay. just trying to keep it straight and trying to keep it up with my friends eagle talon was the scariest thing i've ever done. the week after that my friend died because he lost control of his car, police say he was going nearly 120-130 when he hit a deer killing him and the guy he was racing with. that right there taught me to take it to the tracks for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back