dumb crank question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I purchased a GSR crank online for like $30 shipped. ( I know what a steal if it is not f'd up and the real deal, but for $30, I'll take a chance). My question is, how can I tell the difference between GSR and LS to find if he truley sold me a GSR crank and not an LS? I am assuming rod journal diameter should be different, yes? thank for your help

matt

The rod bearings are wider on an LS crank, I dont have a Helms in front of me, but visually you cen see they are wider.

thats what I thought. I have a helms for both, but just not in front of me. I will check there. Thanks

Originally posted by hybrid89@Dec 22 2004, 01:42 PM
I purchased a GSR crank online for like $30 shipped. ( I know what a steal if it is not f'd up and the real deal, but for $30, I'll take a chance). My question is, how can I tell the difference between GSR and LS to find if he truley sold me a GSR crank and not an LS? I am assuming rod journal diameter should be different, yes? thank for your help

matt
[post=435908]Quoted post[/post]​

where the hell did you find a gsr crank for 30 bucks? For 30 bucks I'll order one tomorrow.

Back