dumb questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i bought this 91 hatch with a jdm b16a and i'm really not all that sharp on the swap tip, i'm reading alot though!, and i'm trying to figure out whats in this car. just this past weekend while rebuilding the front end i found out it's from a teg...

well i am wanting to do a full tune up you know oil/filter/plugs etc... but i don't know what car i should get the stuff for. i know that most all b16a parts are interchangeable but does that extend to the plugs and oil filter as well? it's a vtec if that makes a difference, i'm sure it does.

thanx

That motor is most likely from a first gen. JDM Honda Integra XSi, since it has a cable transmission and is OBD-0. I think all B16A's (B16A, B16A2, B16A3) use the same parts. Use the OBD-1 DOHC Vtec, Del Sol stuff. It's the closest thing the U.S. has to your engine, but like I said, I think all B16 parts are the same. (Dimension wise....)

Yeah, all those parts will defidently work for your engine. Like I said, Im pretty sure that all the B16 parts are interchangable, but a am positive that the Del Sol ones are the closest to what you have. Make sure it's the DOHC Vtec version though.

if you use a fram oil filter it will be #7317 i believe (or 3593 honda only use 2 different filters), but even if you dont use fram you can cross reference it with another brand

Back