Dumb ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not good with air systems, let alone on a honda... im not sure if i have air or not... its ona a 89 CRX HF, i mean it blows , but not very cold... im thinkin the freyon could be low ?? someone help... i dont think it has but can anyone tell me? thanks

uhhh, well if it aint cold, that means your need to recharge your system...and i believe cars dont use freon anymore...go to wal-mart and pick up a air conditioning recharging system...i think it costs about 30 bucks....problem solved...

they still use freon just a different kind. old cars use r12... you're supposed to use r134a i think. so you need to get a conversion kit, i heard they go for around $135. i punched a hole in my AC line and took it to a friend's shop where they don't charge me for labor just parts and they wanted $165 for the kit and the freon itself.

Heres how you can tell:
1) find my radiator cap :spin:
2) see the big hose/pipe directly behind it. that is an air conditioning line which freon runs through. if you have that, you have air.
s3e6e604118bb6.jpg

Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 19 2003, 05:01 AM
damn your car is clean! how do you keep it soo damn "spik 'n span" under the hood?

i decided to clean the engine one day and ended up spending about 10 hours doing just that (spread over 4 saturdays). now all i have to do is give it a quick rinse and dry every 6 weeks or so :D can't wait to take another pic after my new header gets installed on saturday.

Originally posted by (-CRX GUY-)@May 18 2003, 08:55 PM
does my car even have air? lol

Step 1: Do you have an A/C button on your dash somewhere? If yes, go to Step 2. If no, skip Step 2 and go to Step 3
Step 2: Yes.
Step 3: No

Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 19 2003, 05:01 AM
damn your car is clean! how do you keep it soo damn "spik 'n span" under the hood?

determination ;) B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back