Dumbest ticket ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just wanted to know what was the dumbest thing you ever got a ticket for?

I just got a ticket for my "modified intake" (cop pulled me over and made me pop my hood) and no front plate!

Restricted turn for flipping my vw.
Unsafe movement for having a 1.5 second screech come from my tires in my vw.

not really getting a ticket but everytime i stop for like 2 minutes say on the side of the road or at a albertsons at like 12 at night they pull over and check my license and registration and insurance they suck.

I got a ticket for following too close when I got in my 1st accident.

I was atleast 4 seconds away, but it happened when your breaks lock up, you kind of slide into things, and the officer kept saying, it doesn't matter how far you are, you hit her so you get a ticket. I am going to fight it, if i get it in the mail.

I got every speeding ticket I deserved...

I did get run through the system when I was walking home from my dads office at 4 am with a friendwhen I was like 16. I thought that was pointless but he was doing his job. Stupid curfews. :angry:

One time...no front plate. Another time...loud exhaust. Another time...tint too dark. Fuck the popo!!!!

How about a speeding ticket? Does that count?

There was three vehicle together on a single lane hwy. A pickup truck in front, me in my Civic (stock looking), and a Neon or whatever behind me. We were all doing 120km/h in a 80km/h zone. Guess who got pegged?

Chris

Waiting over the white line to make a left turn. I was waiting for the on-coming traffic, look to the left and 2 cars back is the cop, with his lights on. Took it to the judge and I pled not-guilty, they had me come in the 2nd time to argue with the cop. When he finished his story she laughed at him, and dropped the ticket totally!!! I never even had to speak!!! she just told him that this was a bogus ticket, and to not take his bad days out on me!!!

Iron1, my mom lives in Oregon and me and a buddy went up there one summer. We were looking for a skate park and found this place called GROUND ZERO. There was a skate park called GROUND ZERO here in cali so we decided to stop. As we got closer the sign said "nobody under 18 admitted" I thought to myself "what the heck?" It turned out to be a male strip club, not a dyno tuning service. Maybe they do dyno runs now though... :lmao:

That's just wrong.:tfg: Maybe they heard your buddy was coming up and changed it for him?hahahaha I don't care who tunes my car, as long as it's done right!!!

:rally:

I got pulled over for having those damned blue windshield washer fluid squirters..... Oh wait, that's my dumbest mod I've done to my car. Wrong thread..

First Ticket - I pulled out of a pizza shop (going left) The one way sign was blocked by a tree or I wouldn't have. I made it maybe 30 feet and the cop was on me. I almost offered him the pizza. Turns out... the sign wasn't at the beginning of the one way and the main road (where Pennsylvania signs are mandated to be). So I got out of that one.

Second Ticket - 52 mph in a 35 mph zone. I swear I was only doing 48-50 though because I crossed from a 45 mph across another road and the road I pulled straight across onto was a 35... not a 45. It sucked.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 30 2003, 01:27 PM
Iron 1, I'm not talking chit, I just had to mention it. :D

I would have also, I think it falls under the "givin" catagorie. when something like that happens, it's a givin you have to tell the story! that has to be one of the first times that :tfg: is actually used like that.

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Dec 30 2003, 01:19 PM
I got pulled over for having those damned blue windshield washer fluid squirters..... Oh wait, that's my dumbest mod I've done to my car. Wrong thread..

Same here, the night after I installed them. When I was prepping my car to get painted I popped the regular squirters out, they flew across the shop to never be found again. When checking prices i found out that it was cheaper to get the led squirters than the stockies, thus the led's. now the lights aren't even hooked up.

improper lane placement for a turn...

The cop was nearly a mile behind, i have no idea how he could have even told what lane i was in. I mean jesus, at 2 in the morning, does it really matter if i was halfway in the left turn lane when I turned? There was no one else there, dammit.

"failure to drive right"

i was doin about 40 in a 30mph zone comming through an intersection, there was 2 fuckin idiots standing in the road so i swerved around them and kept going...

cop pulled me over
said i came flying through the intersection on the wrong side of the road
i told him i was on the wrong side of the road cuz there was some asshats standing in the road

he comes back with a written warning for "failure to drive right"

i laughed my ass off and continued on my way to the bar :D

i guess its not stupid, but at the time I thought it was.

Unsafe tires, I had 175/70/14s in the the front and 195/70/14s in the back, the left front was about 10% tread and the right front was about 35%, the rears both were almost blad. I found it stupid becasue he approaced me in a wal-mart parking lot while I was with a couple of friends, he claimed someone said we were racing around the parking lot..we were parked in the same place for almost 1 1/2 hours. I just pleaded guilty and had to pay a $95 fine.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 30 2003, 04:15 PM
...someone said we were racing around the parking lot..we were parked in the same place for almost 1 1/2 hours. I just pleaded guilty and had to pay a $95 fine.

y would u plead guilty??!?!?

Back