durango got OWN3D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Look there is blood on the guys face. I bet the deer jumped in front of him, he swerved and shit, flipped, this is the pic after the tow truck pulled it back. But the only thing that is wierd is no front damage.

Originally posted by Dman1100@Sep 9 2003, 08:28 PM
how did the guy not catch an antler in the teeth. i mean the deer is layin in the driver's seat

:werd: :withstupid:

I think it was staged. How would you survive a 200 lb deer flying through the windshield hard enough to slam the steering wheel in that sort of angle. Besides that it landed in his seat, there's no cops or ambulances around?

My verdict: it was staged by people who have too much money and time on their hands.

He probably went hunting and shot the deer an hour earlier and decided he wanted some insurance money so he tossed the deer over that bridge in the background. <_<

I saw that on a website somewhere; its all about totalled cars and accidents. Anyways, the deer was on one of those overpasses and was frightened and went to jump out of the way, but it jumped over and this guy happened to driving by. Thats why the deer came through the top of the windshield, or at least thats what the website said.

Originally posted by zcrex@Sep 9 2003, 12:27 PM
maybe when the deer jumped up and hit the windshield the guy driving got scared and flipped the truck and the deer just stuck there, that's the only way i could explain the dent and dirt on the roof. or it coulda jumped off the bridge in the background :blink:

thats not dirt...thats deer shit.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 9 2003, 12:47 PM
This is old, and for real... and fortunately, our illustrious thread starter left out one bloody picture. Go look here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/durango.asp

first off, i found these pics posted on a forum. the pictures i posted where the only ones that were shown.
Trust me, if i would have seen the one showing the guts i would have posted it.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 9 2003, 03:52 PM-->
@Sep 9 2003, 08:28 PM
how did the guy not catch an antler in the teeth. i mean the deer is layin in the driver's seat

:werd: :withstupid:

I think it was staged. How would you survive a 200 lb deer flying through the windshield hard enough to slam the steering wheel in that sort of angle. Besides that it landed in his seat, there's no cops or ambulances around?

My verdict: it was staged by people who have too much money and time on their hands.

He probably went hunting and shot the deer an hour earlier and decided he wanted some insurance money so he tossed the deer over that bridge in the background. <_<

im guessing you dont come from a place where theres too many deer. i live in wisconsin and deer fuck up and even total cars quite often. some deer weigh like 200 + pounds and if you dont think the'll do damage when you hit them at 55 or even 25 your wrong.

i hit a deer 3 weeks after i bought my 97 Civic EX coupe a few years ago. the little fucker did $2500 worth of damage. i had to get a new radaiator, hood, bumper and a few other things and get everything painted to match. at least i killed the damn deer...

Hey Ma.. we eats tonight

That a pretty messy last picture, the non posted one i mean.

My uncle hit a moose a few years ago in his pickup. The whole thing got mangled and the moose was barely bleeding, though still dead. They weighed it after and it was about a ton and change. I wish i had pictures

edit: My theory on the deers position. It hit on the windshield and the roof and probobly slid down into the windshield and over the broken glass, cutting open its stomack.

Originally posted by snopes.com
Indeed, these pictures are real. We don't know the identity of the unfortunate motorist, but the local police did verify for us that an occurrence like the one depicted in the photographs took place on Interstate Highway 394 near the Minnesota town of Wayzata (just west of Minneapolis) when a deer fell or was knocked off the Highway 101 bridge/overpass and landed on top a passing Dodge Durango, crashing through the windshield and onto the front seat. The driver was fortunate to have escaped with only minor injuries.

damn.... :huh:

Originally posted by djyox+Sep 9 2003, 02:11 PM-->
snopes.com
Indeed, these pictures are real. We don't know the identity of the unfortunate motorist, but the local police did verify for us that an occurrence like the one depicted in the photographs took place on Interstate Highway 394 near the Minnesota town of Wayzata (just west of Minneapolis) when a deer fell or was knocked off the Highway 101 bridge/overpass and landed on top a passing Dodge Durango, crashing through the windshield and onto the front seat. The driver was fortunate to have escaped with only minor injuries.

damn.... :huh:

i know, i read that too.

that explains how the shit got on the roof of the car and the fact that the car had no damage in front.

at work i fixed a solara that some lady hit a cow with thats damn near a ton to. she needed a new windshield, hood, fender, radiator support and inner fender apron. smelled like shit.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Sep 9 2003, 04:19 PM-->
@Sep 9 2003, 12:47 PM
This is old, and for real... and fortunately, our illustrious thread starter left out one bloody picture. Go look here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/durango.asp

first off, i found these pics posted on a forum. the pictures i posted where the only ones that were shown.
Trust me, if i would have seen the one showing the guts i would have posted it.

I wasn't taking a stab at you- I was just glad you did NOT post the last picture up in this thread. Don't worry... just don't post it here.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 9 2003, 12:15 PM
maybe someone threw a dead deer out of an airplane....

not really.

would't that be great though? i mean, unless it like hit someone's car or something...you're standing there, and then a deer just falls out of the sky.

HAHAHA - I cant stop laughing :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo: :bo:

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 9 2003, 09:59 PM
im guessing you dont come from a place where theres too many deer. i live in wisconsin and deer fuck up and even total cars quite often. some deer weigh like 200 + pounds and if you dont think the'll do damage when you hit them at 55 or even 25 your wrong.

no no no I never said I didn't think they would do the damage, I was inquiring as to how the driver didn't get hurt when that 200 lb deer flew through the windshield and landed in his lap.

Last I checked I lived in a city, so deers aren't too common, but find some backroads here and yeah you might get the chance to nail a few of them.

I don't care if it was staged or not, I just thought I'd throw in my opinion and see how many people jump all over it. B)

Back