Duty and Brokerage fees.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Whats up everyone?

I want to import a set of Tokico Illuminas and Ground Control coilovers for my hatch. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I got a quote of $670 CDN including shipping from an ebay store.

Now I know I have to pay duty, which is 7% GST on my purchase. But I have heard that about a month later, customs sends you a costly bill for Brokerage fees?? What the fuck is with this?

I have never imported parts in from the US before, but since the US dollar is so freeking low, I'm getting good prices.

Can someone clear up this brokerage fee thing for me?

Thanks.

R

ive never had to pay for anything ive shipped to canada, nor anything for whats been shipped to me.

if the parts are made in the US they are included in the NAFTA agreement...

oh......alright then. So the whole brokerage fee thing is a crock of shit. Thought so. Two guys at my local parts shop (who are a bit fucking sketchy in the first place), told me this. I guess this is their way of getting me to buy parts from them instead.

Brian: For what reason would the business ask me to claim the transaction?
would this be a question to ask the people I am buying the products
from?

from?

some things need a SSN to got over the border...

and def ask the people you are buying from... they should know the answers for you...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 15 2005, 10:18 AM
from?

some things need a SSN to got over the border...

and def ask the people you are buying from... they should know the answers for you...
[post=473727]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man, it's appreciated.

Back