dvd burning NOOOOOB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

yeah, so i just got a Sony Dvd burner. Im using Nero 6. All i want to do is take my .avi's and burn them onto a dvd disc so i can watch them on my tv thru my ps2 and/or dvd player. After about 10 minutes i finally realize that the little icon with the two dudes is the advanced settings icon (gay, just fucking label the shit, fucking douche bags :mad: ), i say to myself, "sweet, bout fuckin time." Wrong. It will only burn .bup, .vob, and .ifo files. I have none of those, all i have are .avi's. So after some mild searching on the web, ive found some .avi to dvd converters. Some specify .vob conversion and some dont, they just say DVD. So im uncertain on what i need specifically. :huh:

Basically, i want to burn my avi's to dvd discs to play them in dvd players, but i dont know how. Do i need to download one of these converters? If so, which one do you use and recommend?

:mrgreen: thanks.

well my hd crashed on my other computer...so i couldnt tell you, but i know when i put the avi files on the disk, mine just converted it. I havent made a movie from scratch in a while.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, so i just got a Sony Dvd burner. Im using Nero 6. All i want to do is take my .avi's and burn them onto a dvd disc so i can watch them on my tv thru my ps2 and/or dvd player. After about 10 minutes i finally realize that the little icon with the two dudes is the advanced settings icon (gay, just fucking label the shit, fucking douche bags :mad: ), i say to myself, "sweet, bout fuckin time." Wrong. It will only burn .bup, .vob, and .ifo files. I have none of those, all i have are .avi's. So after some mild searching on the web, ive found some .avi to dvd converters. Some specify .vob conversion and some dont, they just say DVD. So im uncertain on what i need specifically. :huh:

Basically, i want to burn my avi's to dvd discs to play them in dvd players, but i dont know how. Do i need to download one of these converters? If so, which one do you use and recommend?

:mrgreen: thanks.

Get a plugin/program for nero 6 called nerovision express 3 that will convert most any file format u have to dvd format and when its done encoding it will burn it right to ur DVD-R, beware tho the PS2 players suck at playing certian DVD-R media as well as they don't like to read media that has been burned at high speeds either. From my personal experience I use memorex dvd-r's and 8x is the highest speed i have been able to use and still play the disks in a PS2

dvd decrypter and dvd shrink will burn your stuffs.

:thumbsup: for memorex :)

but, i thought those were just for copying.

Nero Vision is what i use for my DVDs, thanks KSRCivic. I just could not think of what it was called.

yeah, im looking for the vision add on as we speak, all i gotta do is locate one.. but im pissed too because when i am copying a dvd using anyDVD and dvdshrink, it still wont play on my pc or in my ps2... but im burning at 16x, i never thought about it, im gonna try again at 8x or lower tomarrow, im too tired now. And then i also tried to burn by using dvd shrink to convert the movie into a .vob then just add the vob bup and ifo files into nero and do burn, but still didnt work.... again at 16x tho.. good thing i got 50 dvds for 12 bucks...

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, im looking for the vision add on as we speak, all i gotta do is locate one.. but im pissed too because when i am copying a dvd using anyDVD and dvdshrink, it still wont play on my pc or in my ps2... but im burning at 16x, i never thought about it, im gonna try again at 8x or lower tomarrow, im too tired now. And then i also tried to burn by using dvd shrink to convert the movie into a .vob then just add the vob bup and ifo files into nero and do burn, but still didnt work.... again at 16x tho.. good thing i got 50 dvds for 12 bucks...

Like I said before the media that u use is important especially if ur trying to read on a PS2, the laser in it is very weak and has a hard time reading cheaper DVD-R's, trust me i know this from experience from doing exactly what ur trying to do, but u have already bought the one's u have now so trying lowering the speed and see if it works, i was never able to get my PS2 to read the the cheaper DVD's except for buring them at 1x which is so slow and even then it would freeze up during play back from time to time. So I ended up wasting a lot of money on different cheap dvd media till I found memorex, also the tdk dvd's work good to but the best that I have used is memorex. Anyways hope this helps, also if your version of nero give's u this option make sure that the option to "Burn High Compatibility Borders" is checked this made worlds of difference in reading my dvd's in just about anything, not everything but for sure a lot more compatible across the board. :thumbsup:

Back