dvd/cd player

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1993hondadelsol

ok i need to know how to make movie play while car is moving? what do i need to ground green wire to?

model deck
Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD
2 RCA Hi-Volt preouts for adding on external amps and speakers simplify system expansion.
Play your MP3, WMA, iTunes AAC and even DivX files from CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or USB Device.
Built-in MOSFET 50 W x 4 amplifier for excellent sound quality, minimal distortion and efficient power handling.
Supertuner® IIID advanced analog and digital processing assure superior imaging, less distortion and noise, and stronger, smoother broadcast signal reception

you need to ground the brake wire. i have my 4100 ran to a toggle switch. When you want to play a dvd simply push to display the movie on full screen.(hides all the play.pause,etc features) once you do that, flip the switch. A blue screen will appear giving you the rundown of what you shouldn't do and what's illegal. press ok and enjoy the movie!

a friend recently found a way to do it with a relay. search youtube for instructions. I like the toggle switch better. That way a cop cant accuse you of playing a dvd while driving. simply flip the hidden switch. :)

great for passengers on road trips.

nope. you just run a ground wire and the green wire. I'll double check to make sure but there is no power wire on the toggle switch.

you pretty much touch ground and brake wire when you want to play the dvd. thats it. you have to ground it EVERYTIME you turn the car completly off. it resets everytime.

it sound annoying but to me it better that way. you have control over your dvd player. the last you want is someone playing around, getting distracted and wrecking your car just because they thought it was cool to watch a movie and drive at the same time.

Definetly a good idea to have the switch. Since its illegal in some areas (if not all) to have the video playing while driving, if you get pulled over by Johnny Law you can flip the switch and Deny Deny Deny.

If the green wire is the e brake lead on that particular model then yes. Run that wire to a switch and then ground it.

Back