Dx 00 Auto Hatch Turbo Or Engine Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicdx2000

OK guys i know someone in here has done this before and i need alittle advice on it.
I have a 00 civic HB auto with the d16y7 engine in it good for about 90hp at the rear wheels.anyways my question is i am looking for bit more power not something monster fast or anything just something with alittle more get up and go since its a daily driver.so my options are as follows either get a fmax turbo kit for the ex engine and swap my head and intake with the ex for it to work since they r the same engines(this will yield about a good 50-75hp increase at the wheels)also i called up and they said that it wouldent hurt my tranny as long as i dont run it over 8psi.
My other option is to just drop in a bigger motor and better tranny, preferably the B16B engine with the auto tranny(this swap would yield about a total of 180hp and probably about a 165hp to the rear wheels or so..)
The cost diff. now the turbo kit and what not will come out to about 4g and the engine swap about 4.5g.
so now what has most people had the best luck in as well as whats the better deal???keep in mind its a daily and not a street racer.

well first off i don't think that civics are rear wheel drive.. and i think u should go with the B series, cause once you get fast, u want to go faster, the b series just leaves you more options in the future if you decide go faster...

dylan

Originally posted by civicdx2000 Posted on Jun 17 2003@ 07:13 PM
I have a 00 civic HB auto with the d16y7 engine in it good for about 90hp at the rear wheels.

Come on, man Civics are Front Wheel Drive.

Do a swap and an auto to manual conversion, at the same time. Or get an auto B18C1, or B16A, there is no need to spend that much on a CTR (B16B), then sell the manual tranny ( auto is not an option on the CTR) then buy an auto tranny. It is a waste of your time and money. You could also source an auto LS B18B much easier and cheaper than the vtec's, then boost that later on.

once again...

Civics are Front Wheel Drive

you might wanna check a jackson racing or other supercharger.........they are weaker in most areas but way less time and labor consuming on a monthly basis[depending on your tune abilty and facilties], have good reliabilty w/factory settings and still add some pretty kickass power.

and oh yeah........for a front wheel drive civic,they probably dont have em for a rwd :lol: ...........OK enough crap from me,good luck :D

don't turbo your gay sohc motor, turbo sohc licks hairy ballsac. A simple b18b swap will beat a turbo sohc anyday and its a lot cheaper

sorry about saying it was a rwd car i am just use to working on rwd drive cars, and yes i know it is front wheel drive.

Originally posted by civicdx2000@Jun 18 2003, 10:01 AM
sorry about saying it was a rwd car i am just use to working on rwd drive cars, and yes i know it is front wheel drive.

no problem,just hope you can take a little teasing :D ...............what dylanthekid said [cause once you get fast, u want to go faster, the b series just leaves you more options in the future if you decide go faster... ] is true a B swap is the option I would/am persuing......leaves you more open.

Back