dx b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

has any1 used the hasport wiring harness for this swap into a dx. the price is 211 from hybrid garage, but i dont wanna screw up my wiring. anyways what exactly do they do to the dx and sir harnesses to make the dx one work and is it worth it. money is no object i want peace of mind.

Speedline in tacoma washington does a wiring conversion for 170 and it looks factory and works perfect. Whatever you do DONT BUY FROM HCP THEY SUCK!

Originally posted by daidilus@Sep 24 2003, 02:12 PM
http://www.geocities.com/c_rexboy/mpfi.html

ohh come on man do it yourself
after the MPFI...it is adding 2 more wires.....

so how much did this cost? because i need to change over to MPFI on my CRX DX for the B16 swap that is ahead, cost wise would it be more feasable to change it now on the stock motor(not swapping for another 6 months), or just buy the Hasport one for 249.00 when i actually drop the B16 in? I am not looking for any performance increases right now(will save for swap time), i am looking at doing whatever prep work i can do so this swap will be easier once i put the motor in. (keep in mind it is a daily driver) thanks

THis is the end all be all. If you want peace of mind and dont wanna spend countless hours doing your wiring, callup hasport if you have a dx. then give them your 264 dollars and they will re-loom all your wires, replace broken plugs, add sensors, and then they will put on the mpfi wires and the vtec wires. now you can go and put it in your car in less than 20 min and you have vtec. Hasport kicks A**.

Also I would like to say that the zc and b18a engines in HF models will smoke any dx or si b16a. My friends and i have proven this time and time again.

umm the if you find the car in the j-yard.....you can get a manifold with all the sensors..and the wiring harness for under 100 bux......them i would suggest buying a new dizzy they are 180 with lifetime warrenty....trust me a 12 year old dizzy blows really fast.....and then the ECU should be around 110....but if you know someone you can get it for like 50 bux.....all in all i would say with new parts no more than 300

Back