dx bottom end d15 head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joecivic

save the single cams
ok heres what happen had a d15 in my civic blew that up however i had a spare motor i got out of a totaled hatch years ago (been sitting in my basment) so i cleaned it up and put that in.Now i know the bottom end is a d15b7 and i think the head is off a d15 due to my distributor off my old d15 fits new head.So the engine runs smooth but has no low end power dosent really go till like 5000 rpm or so.the old motor ran pretty strong off the line all the way trough shifts(for N/A d series anyway) and this one just feels weak im running a p28 ecu and timeing is good(factory markings) im trying to find out if its due to the motor set up,ecu,timing or differnt bottom ends if anyone has any experiance with this set up that would be helpful thanx

Last edited:
timing is off

i put a timing light on it and the timeing is off by 10 degrees so orderd a adjustible cam gear this morning pretty sure that will take care of it

MAKE SURE YOUR PLUG WIRES ARE RIGHT....
check your plugs, compression test, and double check the timing on the top and bottom end.

put the cam gear on today set it to 15 degrees runs good def fixed the problem

Back