dx harness question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mitshaw

hi i am a first timer in this forum. i have a 90 civic hb dx and i am wanting to put a b series motor in it now my question is should i stick with the dx harness and just modify it to work, or is there any way to get the si harness to work with the dx, or should i go through the hassle of changing out the whole engine and body harness and replacing it with the si harness.

if i should just use the existing dx harness what connectors do i have to change out and where can i possibly find on how to do it myself.

It's not worth it to try and change the in-car harness, and it's easy enough to modify your existing harness...IMO it's not worth spending extra cash to buy the Si harness, you're still gonna have to run wires to the ECU.

Is the DX DPFI or MPFI? I can't remember...crap. If it IS MPFI, then the harness is the same as the Si anyways...

At any rate, you aren't gonna have to change any connectors, just get an OBD0 B16A swap and plug everything in. If your car is dual point, you'll have to use the injector plugs from the motor swap, and wire up a resistor box. Other than that, everything should plug in. You'll have to add wires for VTEC solenoid, VTEC oil pressure switch, and the knock sensor, of course, but that's nothing too hard. There's a writeup in the reference materials on this site that you can use to wire VTEC.

Back