Dx Head Onto A Hf Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I was just wondering if I could go to the junkyard, and pick up a Dx head, and simply bolt it onto my Hf; with no other modifactions other than that. If not what else would I have to do, and would I be getting a good power increase from this?

I believe the HF is an 8 vavle head and the DX a 16 Vavle. Which would mean the HF pistons don't have the correct vavle reliefs.

If this is the case then it won't work. I could be mistaken, tho.

Look under Articles at the one titled "Creating an HF All-Motor Monster"

It points out exactly what to do to make your HF run high 14's for under $500.

Yea, I saw the artical, but what I wanna know is that if I go get the head out of a junkyard, assuming it will work, can i just take the old one off, bolt on the new one, and start it up? Or will I have to play with the timing, ect. ect. Anothing thing is that the hf is a 8 valve, and the head is a 16 valve... does that mean it will not work, because of the pistons, because I've heard that an hf is a dx with the EXACT bottom end... /shrugs if it doesn't work o well. Just curious, because I can get a dx head for nearly nothing.

you'd really have to pull the head or talk to a person that is 100% sure that the pistons have reliefs for all 16 valve's

Back