1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DX in SI? Help, lol

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by fwddrag, May 6, 2004.

1. fwddrag

fwddrag Junior Member

ALright dont laugh but ya i want to put a dpfi in a si. I blew the si that was in the car and i sold it with wiring harness. so this is what i got.

1991 Si conv. (so all the wiring is si)
    D15 DPFI with harness
    SI complete intake manifold

Just for now i want the DX motor in my car, just to get it going again. I hope someone out there can do some magic. I know if i want to switch it to MPFI i need si dizzy at least. I have the si ecu so thats not a problem. Thanks, any input would be good. LAter

2. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

you could probably find the motor easy. Going backwards in your case might be a little easier, I think you would have to do mostly wiring, keep your same tranny, but finding a d16 for your car probably isn't that hard. If you are going to buy a dpfi d15 and buy the stuff to do the mpfi swap later why not just buy a d16 and put everything in the first time? Save you alot of time and frustration for you to have to rewire everything again. After you buy the new intake for the d15 you might come close to the same price after everything is said and done. Ya you need a new distributer.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Since the car is already MPFI wouldnt it be easier to just put the SI IM on the DX engine head and be done with it?

4. RSBAD454

RSBAD454 Member

please dont do this............i agree, swap the Si intake onto the DX motor....think a little bit before you tear up your wiring........ :p no way would i down grade to DPI

5. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

right on

6. 91crx

91crx Senior Member

why dont you just throw a sohc zc in there for like 200 bucks for now untill you figure out what you want to do

7. daidilus

daidilus Member

i love how people say, juste throw it in there like it just happens like throwing clothes in a hamper :lol: and i can talk like that because i have done a engine swap in my car every 6 months, i am on motor number 5 :(

8. RSBAD454

RSBAD454 Member

you got problems then............... :blink:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted