Dx To Si Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guitaruser

I have a 1990 CRX , DX with a 1.5L , with automatic tranny. I am installing a 1.6L Si engine. Could I still use the Automatic Tranny in this setup? Which ECU do I need ? Do I need to convert from DPFI to MPFI ? Or could I just use the intake sytem from the 1.5L ?

yes, you can use the automatic - if you do DPFI to MPFI swap, use 88-89 integra automatic ECU - you could use the DX intake, in which case, use your ECU and distributor

Use an ecu from an auto 90-91 civic ex. It uses the 1.6l and is the proper ecu for the engine so you wont be running rich.

im considering this swap soon. if i change the ecu, will i stillhave to do all the rewireing, and changing of the pin locations like in this article swap??? or can i just use the stock auto ecu until i find a acura ecu?? please help! thanks

cool thanks. i got another question though. im changeing the entire motor not just the intake portion. on that list it talks about changin wires on the distributor(condidering that youll be using the dx distributor, right?) what do i have to do if im going to use the si distributor??

that liast is using the si dist if you use the dx and the dx intake you need not change any wires

USE THE SI TOP END the dpfi sucks ass as does the drive train buy using the si you will gain more power

ya were gona swap the entire motor and topend. thanks youve been helpful. were would i be without hondaswap!

well it isnt my car so im not gona be changing the tranny. im just concerned if i can still use the stock auto ecu. thanks guys

If you're staying automatic, you need an automatic ECU. You could stay DPFI if you really want to, but that basically negates all the advavtages of using the Si engine other than gaining 97cc of displacement. You would have to use the old intake manifold for the DPFI setup and DPFI ECU.

If you want to convert to MPFI, you might want to try and use the 90-91 EX automatic ECU. It's matched to the D16A6 since that's what the EX had, and it can control an automatic transmission.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 23 2003, 03:24 PM

If you want to convert to MPFI, you might want to try and use the 90-91 EX automatic ECU. It's matched to the D16A6 since that's what the EX had, and it can control an automatic transmission.

so if i use the 90-91 ecu, will i still have to change all those wires? i really want to know if its necesarry. can i still just use the dx ecu and then just upgrade later on?

A dx ecu can only control the dpfi. You need an ex auto ecu to control your setup. I think its the pm6 that you need.

i am doing a similar swap with my car...i am going from a DPFI to a MPFI, and i was wondering if i need to change the ECU and the wiring harness, or if i only need to change one or the other. if you could help me out that would be great,

Originally posted by honda1.8ac@Jun 23 2003, 09:57 PM
i am doing a similar swap with my car...i am going from a DPFI to a MPFI, and i was wondering if i need to change the ECU and the wiring harness, or if i only need to change one or the other. if you could help me out that would be great,

Both. A DPFI ECU can't run an MPFI system. You need to add the wires so that the extra injectors can be run in the first place, then you need to add the brain that can control those extra injectors.

WELL we got most of the swap done today. but we ran into a problem. the auto dx eingine has two cable at the throttle body. one cable is the throttle cable and the second is a cable similar to the throttle cable but that goes to the auto tranny. since the engine is froma manual i cant attach the cable going to the tranny. so dam im stuck right now unless i can figure out what to do. deam. :( ( oh an di did end up using the 89 teggy ecu. got it at teh junk for 20 bux.) ;)

:eek: ok i need some help from some of you experienced people, im switching from dpfi to mpfi and am having trouble with one of the steps i got from a list of instuctions. i need to know exactly what or how to relocate the ecu pins, and what exactly the ecu pins are. if any of you guys out there can help me, i would be very happy!

Back