DX to SI Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a '90 SI engine to replac my blown '89 DX engine. I need an alternator, and Dizzy for teh SI engine. Can I use my DX alt, and dizzy or not? I need this car to run soon. The new clutch and belts go on tomorrow and then it will be ready to be dropped in. Thanks in advance for the help.

Read up on the mpfi swap, its more than just adding an intake, dist, etc. Its not hard to do.

if you wanted to keep it dpfi and just use the dx ecu for right now couldnt i just used the dx intake mani and dizzy on it ? just asking cos i just got an si motor also for my broek down 89 dx and dont have time to do mpfi right now...thanx.

Yes you can, change the engine and put your dx intake manifold, distributor and ecu. I ran my z6 like that for a few months. Do yourself a favor and get the mpfi swap done asap. Its a night and day difference.

You could but its easier not to. You will also have to change wires at the ecu. The wiring sounds hard but if you take your time you can do it in under 4 hours MAX. I did mine in 3 taking my time and drinking in between. You are better off just changing the dx harness and adding a few wires.

yes, you can get the plugs you need from the HF harness - should be just the injector plugs - you can use Si or HF distributor

Back