dx to si tranny swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lizoyd18

i have a 1990 Honda dx with a dohc swap with i/h/e and a chipped pm6 ecu this is my second clutch i burned out its time for a change in transmissions i wanna go with the si tranny. would i need si axles and the shift linkage??? thanx for the info

I did the same swap on my 94 LX and it didn't require anything new. I'll tell you what, I like the Si tranny's shorter gears a lot better, especially on my Z6.

so am i right do i need new axels and shift linkage or can i keep myold ones ima get lsd in the si tranny

ok, lets play that game.
-and a new throw out bearing.
a new pilot bearing
a new pressure plate (you said clutch, i assumed disc)
and the correct alignment tool
and about 2-3quarts of honda specific manual trans fluid (dont use engine oil, it can damage syncros)
and a can of break clean to clean off the flywheel
and a 32mm socket
a huge breaker bar or an impact capable of about 500ft-lbs

should i go on?

no, you need nothing from the Si but the transmission. EVERYTHING from your DX will swap over. (axles, mount, linkage, reverse light wiring, clutch plate (assuming it's from the same year. the 88-89 disc has a smaller diameter input shaft than the 90-91. get a new clutch disc the same year as the Si transmission.)

ok cool thank you for the info ill probably run a stage 2 clutch if i have the money i have a dsm turbo so i would like to be prepared

Back