Dyno chart for my new engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll keep you covered man- I should be in Austin for at least a few more years.

:lol:

that 6000 ballpark est. does that Include the 1000 dollar tiens? :p

Very Very nice starting dyno with that build. Very good base line man.

This is all with the top still stock, timing stock, etc...very impressive.

good job man.

Thanks Milan. I was really pleased with the 150ftlb too. Now if I can just keep that 150ftlb flat all the way to 9000rpm, that would get me 257whp. Considering that a set of good cams alone would increase my torque band quite a bit, I think my goal may just be attainable... we shall see.

out of curiosity Cal....

im guessing you are around....

mid to low 14's?

185whp on a hatch? (forgive me if it is a 4dr, didnt take the time to read)

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 18 2003, 02:15 AM
out of curiosity Cal....

im guessing you are around....

mid to low 14's?

185whp on a hatch? (forgive me if it is a 4dr, didnt take the time to read)

i bet he is faster than that...mid 13's or so...he has a sedan

well done calesta...VERY impressive torque numbers...

did you get the pm i sent you?

Tony- it's a sedan, and I'm betting it's closer to mid 13s. No quarter mile runs yet, and I don't know when I will be out at the strip next.

SolReaver- no, I didn't get a PM from you.

Sixty- fun ride, eh? :thumbsup:

Yeah, it feels like a mid 13 car, seems about as fast as my friends 2001 Cobra, feels a little different, because I am used to twice as much torque, still a great car.

Now won't you have clearance issues with Toda C's if your running almost 12:1 comp? also, the Jun 3's and skunk 2 stage 2's make power almost all they way up to 9000 RPM if not higher.lllcan your bottom end with a 89 mm stroke safely handle those revs???

Thanks Frankie.

quicksi- you NEED compression that high to take advantage of the Toda Spec Cs. I personally know a very good tuner that runs compression in the 15s with Toda Cs, and the valves clear. The Jun 3s and Skunk2 Stage2s make power all the way up to 9000rpm, but they don't have the midrange that the Toda Cs do. The Todas make the same high end power as the Juns and Skunks, so that's where I'm looking to go for a fuller power curve.

The bottom end will handle the revs just fine, even with the 89mm stroke. The overall stroke geometry is the exact same as the GSR and ITR, and I still have the advantages of oil squirters and a girdle.

yeah, great job so far mang..keep it up..then when my SR is running and I actually come visit you peeps up north we can see how linear that powerband really is.. :D

Thanks! "Up north?" Are you in Mexico or something? Texas is about as far south as you get in the US! :lol:

Back