Dyno Of Me Ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
took my car to be dyno'd at DSR (dyno spot racing) in San Jose today. pretty happy with the results, midrange looks pretty damn good, and the air fuel ratio was leveled pretty nice. end result, 171.4 whp (actual) and 170.3 (SAE whp). i got sheets of both numbers.
enjoy!
s3e88eb420e1bb.jpg

actual
s3e88f152bb72d.jpg

for those who dont know, here are my mods:
USDM B16A2
AEM CAI
64 mm TB
Skunk2 IM
Hondata Heatshield Gasket
Skunk2 Stage1 Cams
Skunk2 Cam Gears
ITR inner/outer valve springs and retainers
Mugen 1-ply Head Gasket
USDM DC 4-1 Heder
Hollowed JRSC Cat
Tanabe Racing Medallion CatBack Exhaust
Apex VAFC
AEM FPR
Skunk2 P28 ECU

just for comparison, here is my last dyno session... mods are listed on the sheet.
s3dbb16e477d74.jpg

what are the new parts since the bottom dyno session? I'm too lazy to mix and match the two mod lists...

Nice power :D

Great stuff. That a/f curve looks very nice. It changed my mind about the VAFC.

thanks guys, yes i'm pleased, we tuned for more midrange gains than top end.. which works better for me since in only take the car on road courses ever so often.
difference between the two sheets (new) and the bottom one (old) are:
skunk2 stage1 cams (tops) vs. CTR cams (bottom)
64mm TB
skunk2 intake mani
aem fpr
hondata heatsheild

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 1 2003, 05:13 AM
sweet! :eek: that has to be the flattest power curve i have ever seen! why did you ditch the mugen ecu?

haha, you noticed... its funny, it was sold to me as a mugen ecu, when you open it, the chip says mugen.. but everyone tells me its a skunk2 chip... guess they're the same, so i use them synonomously (sp?) :p its the same ecu, all its good for is no rev limit or speed limit, the thing runs crazy rich.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 1 2003, 11:31 AM
e would waste his setup :)

e's b18c5 > mine and b16's b16s

although i'd hate to admit it, your'e right :p
b16's b16s

lol, that just sounds funny.

nice numbers. :worthy: now I have a goal HP to shoot for.

I've been thinking about going with the CTR cams but seeing your graphs is making me want to change my mind. give me your thoughts on the 2 cams.
And with the CTR cams, what was your vtec crossover point, 4800???

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 1 2003, 01:41 PM

I've been thinking about going with the CTR cams but seeing your graphs is making me want to change my mind. give me your thoughts on the 2 cams.

the CTR's were very nice, as you can see the gains were not that much over the CTR's. the skunk2 stage1's are still pretty mild. xover for the ctrs was at 5K even. i noticed more top end with these cams from the get go, now the midrange after tuning seems slightly better than the ctr's. but, i also did a new intake mani and TB which helped out the topend as well. the ctr's are great cams, and are cheaper than the skunk2 stage1's. i'm happy with the upgrade, but it may not be worth the $ difference for the gains.

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2003, 02:37 PM-->
@Apr 1 2003, 01:41 PM

the CTR's were very nice, as you can see the gains were not that much over the CTR's. the skunk2 stage1's are still pretty mild. xover for the ctrs was at 5K even. i noticed more top end with these cams from the get go, now the midrange after tuning seems slightly better than the ctr's. but, i also did a new intake mani and TB which helped out the topend as well. the ctr's are great cams, and are cheaper than the skunk2 stage1's. i'm happy with the upgrade, but it may not be worth the $ difference for the gains.

thanks for the info on the cams.

i'm curious what kind of valves you're using. i read above that you've got ITR springs and retainers but there was no info about the valves themselves, stock??? the reason i'm asking all these questions is cuz i'm getting ready to buy my combination of parts and I wanna do a lot of reasearch on the different combinations people are running.
I was planning on a similar setup: CTR cams, CTR valvetrain, ITR IM(pretty mush same as skunk2, right?), Erick's racing 68-66mm TB

Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Apr 1 2003, 02:54 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2003, 02:37 PM
rsaeini
@Apr 1 2003, 01:41 PM
nice numbers.  :worthy:   now I have a goal HP to shoot for.

thanks for the info on the cams.

i'm curious what kind of valves you're using. i read above that you've got ITR springs and retainers but there was no info about the valves themselves, stock??? the reason i'm asking all these questions is cuz i'm getting ready to buy my combination of parts and I wanna do a lot of reasearch on the different combinations people are running.
I was planning on a similar setup: CTR cams, CTR valvetrain, ITR IM(pretty mush same as skunk2, right?), Erick's racing 68-66mm TB

Thanks for your input.

stock valves, stock bottom end, only thing bumping compression a little is the mugen gasket. the TB is a bored out stock oem that is 66- 64mm. yes skunk2 is the same as the R

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 1 2003, 07:42 PM
Mike, what are you 1/4 mile times with your setup? I know you dont have any on the skunk2's, but before that.

last time i did 1/4 mile was about 2 years ago when i first did the swap. so stock it ran 15.2. i'll take it down this spring sometime and run it see how she does :) i suck at 1/4 mile though, :unsure:

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2003, 10:19 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Apr 1 2003, 07:42 PM
Mike, what are you 1/4 mile times with your setup? I know you dont have any on the skunk2's, but before that.

last time i did 1/4 mile was about 2 years ago when i first did the swap. so stock it ran 15.2. i'll take it down this spring sometime and run it see how she does :) i suck at 1/4 mile though, :unsure:

good shit. thanks for the info. hope you get a good ET when you run it. :D

Back