Dyno peeps...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 24 2004, 11:27 AM
Holy shit B, I haven't seen you post that much info in one shot in a while :) haha

No shit man!

Don't worry John- I'll let you know when I upgrade the rear sway bar. Maybe I should just ship it to you the second it comes off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John, your in fucking germany. Your telling me with all the porsches and BMW's, there's no good turner facilitys around? You need to be on a good dyno, with a wide band, and everything else.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 24 2004, 08:56 PM
John, your in fucking germany. Your telling me with all the porsches and BMW's, there's no good turner facilitys around? You need to be on a good dyno, with a wide band, and everything else.

Haha, right next to the shop is a Porsche dealer, and a block away is a Mercedes dealer, but yea. That's the only dyno in town. There is one in Nurernberg, and a couple more in the Bavarian area, but the only tunershops that have the right equipment that I Have found are out near France, and the Netherlands.

Hey B, I was going through all the settings, and I can't find where to make those adjustments. There is...

1. Wide thr
2. Narr thr
3. V/T Cont
4. V/T unmt
5. TH-Point
6. Ne-P:Hvt
7. Ne-P:Lvt

Which one is it? I was thinking it was Ne-P:Hvt, but you adjust that one in rpms at 500 increments.

Also, when I press the throttle while monitoring, I only get 76.9% or 77% max, does this have to do with the intial set up where you set voltage readings? Because I am only getting 3.28v with the throttle pressed all the way, and .470- with it out.

Yeah when you press the throttle to the floor you should get 100%. I would look into that for sure. And where i think B was talking about is 1. Wide thr, 2. Narr thr. The setting are for like half throttle driving, and full throttle settings.

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 25 2004, 02:10 AM
Yeah when you press the throttle to the floor you should get 100%. I would look into that for sure. And where i think B was talking about is 1. Wide thr, 2. Narr thr. The setting are for like half throttle driving, and full throttle settings.

THat's what I was thinking, but it only adjusts up to 6500rpms.

that is for low cam, you need to switch pages to the high cam settings.. i think it was the other button, not menu, when in that fuel setting... you use that to toggle from high cam to low cam settings. its been about a year since i used one :)

I'm not familar with the vafc at all... i really can't help how to get there...

get a hondata :D

but seriously, you should hit 100% tps at like 90% pedal to the floor. the last little bit is play in the pedal, and doesn't open the TB any more.
something is fuged.
could be your wiring from the swap, a bad sensor, or its just not setup right. As far as i know, there's no adjustment on the vafc to change the position of the tps via the unit.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2004, 09:19 AM
I'm not familar with the vafc at all... i really can't help how to get there...

get a hondata :D

but seriously, you should hit 100% tps at like 90% pedal to the floor. the last little bit is play in the pedal, and doesn't open the TB any more.
something is fuged.
could be your wiring from the swap, a bad sensor, or its just not setup right. As far as i know, there's no adjustment on the vafc to change the position of the tps via the unit.

You can adjust fuel per % of TPS, at least that's how I understand it. I haven't been able to find anything about tuning these things, every one on the net is just like "get on a dyno", well duh, but it doesn't do any good if you don't know what does what, and the manual isn't exactly helpful in its explainations of the effects of each setting. I guess I'll read somemore of the manual and see if I can grasp a better understanding of the unit. if not, maybe I'll sell it and pay the diff, for a Hondata s200.

Ok, I found the right settings, and adjusted them per your idea B, and I must say, it made a difference in the buttdyno big time. Vtec snaps a lot harder and pulls all the way to 8000rpms. I ran it to 8000 in ever 1-3 about eight times and in 4th once, no detonation and idle returned to a nice 750 every time. I got scared for a scond when I looked in the rear view and saw a cloud of white, then remembered it is cold, and that's just happens in the cold :)

Anyway I can't afford anymore dyno time for a week or so, so no real results will be known till then.

Back