Dyno Results and Pics of my HB Sir

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

Well went to get my dyno done today. Only getting about 140 to my wheels :( Dont really know how good that is but, I think I need to do some more tuning. Ever since I put my new manifold and throttle body on, its been running real strange. Anyone got and dyno results to compare?

Mods to Motor to Date:

B16a Swap
PR3 ecu
S1 Trans
Aem CAI
Greddy CatBack
OBX Header
OBX Cat Eliminator
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
STR throttle Body
STR fuel rail
OBX plugs
Spoon Vtec Controller

Pics: Dyno Pic, Pic of my JDM climate control, Pic of my JDM sidemarkers, Pic of my motor as of today, and on the very bottom there is a video of my dyno (no sound) :(

http://home.comcast.net/~h.easterly/index.html

Anyone else with the skunk2 manifold have that "T" in the middle of the manifold like I have it? Seems kinda weird.

I think your results is very bad.

my car is a b16a with muffler tech piping and cheap muffler it came out..

144 stock motor nothing done to it expect its OBD1!!!
YS1 tranny and PR3 ECU JDM.

Totally dude, Im running f'd or something. Something with my fuel system I think. Im going to try and put the stock throttle body back on and rerun. Ive only had running problems since the str throttle body. Can anyone see anything wrong with what they can see in the photos as far as vac routing ? I have no ECU codes and expect for a 1100 rpm idle It runs alright. Sometimes I have a bogging problem. Ideas boys?

Actually Whitewrx, your results aren't that bad. The 1st gen B16's made 160@ the fly, you put down 140 to the wheels which is pretty close to what would be expected to be lost through the drivetrain, and given it's age some wear. Most of the mods you listed don't make power, they free up existing power. You'd probably see better results even with just an intake cam to get more air and fuel actually into the chambers. Some new rings would tighten it up inside, or some higher compression pistons.

Originally posted by bossman032@Aug 24 2003, 01:32 AM

Wait you're putting him down and he made 139 hp at the wheels compared to your 144 hp "comparison"?

:wtf: is up with that?

That's a good dyno run with a 160 hp car I think. He's only losing 21 hp through the drivetrain.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Aug 24 2003, 08:02 AM-->
bossman032
@Aug 24 2003, 01:32 AM

Wait you're putting him down and he made 139 hp at the wheels compared to your 144 hp "comparison"?

That's a good dyno run with a 160 hp car I think. He's only losing 21 hp through the drivetrain.

Especially since he is running a motor that made 170hp and got practically the same results. <_<

those numbers arent that bad, but with your mods you should be a little bit higher,my buddy put down like 148 with his b16a i/h/e/crankpulley,p28 mugen chip.

Thanks for the support guys, after reading my first reply I considered taking off my STR TB and putting my stock one back on. I appreciate the input on getting more power out, I have been considering the cams and think im going to head that route. Also how is that Mugen chip ecu, I know it takes the rev limiter off. Can the stock valve springs etc... take that high of an rpm safely. The guy that did my dyno said that I was not dropping power even in the rev limiter and suggested stretching my rev limit out to get more hp. Is there another way to get my rev limit adjustable for a reasonable price or is just getting the chip the way to go? Input boys??? :blink:

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Aug 24 2003, 02:02 AM-->
bossman032

WTF is wrong with you?

I am not putting him down I am just letting him have an Idea of what can be wrong with his setup his setup is much better then mine he should be putting down more numbers then me...

I think you keep opinions to your self!!!! :roll:

Don't take your motor above 8200RPM.

I had the same thing my motor was giving more power at 8200+ RPM 144+hp but just to keep it safe don't go higher then 8200RPM even though it makes more power.

Try to track down the problem. Get a valve adjustment if needed..

Thanks for the respons bossman, Its all good man. I appreciate the input and believe me for the amount of money ive been putting down I would hope to have more power outta it than that. Besides my dyno results, anyone got any input on how the cars turning out. Any ideas on what I could work on? or whats looking good so far?

Seriously replace your old worn out rings and gaskets and you will see a world of difference. But really those results aren't bad.

Originally posted by bossman032+Aug 24 2003, 07:32 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 24 2003, 02:02 AM
bossman032

WTF is wrong with you?

I am not putting him down I am just letting him have an Idea of what can be wrong with his setup his setup is much better then mine he should be putting down more numbers then me...

I think you keep opinions to your self!!!! :roll:

You went about it in the wrong way. You just said "I think your results is very bad."

That sounds like you're putting his setup down.

Besides, 5 hp isn't that big of a difference in performance anyway.

Of course you're not going to get what you get out on the street because on a dyno you're strapped down without the airflow going over your car like you normally would.

IF the engine only has 30k miles on it, then I don't think the gaskets/seals are bad. That's too much asking of "IF this is wrong..." to do a complete tear down and rebuild.

Originally posted by Whitewrx02@Aug 24 2003, 09:01 AM
Ive only had the motor in for a month and it was said to have 30k on it. Still think I need to tear down. ???

The key word in this is "said", did you see the odometer? If it is a 11yr old 1st gen, more than likey it is far in excess of 18750 miles. My motor came form a 93 and it had 120000Km (75,000M) on it.

the mugen chip my friend has he had the rev limiter set, but its set at like 9k. im not sure whats offered for the older ecu's, hondata? not sure.

obx plugs? do yourself a favor and get stock honda plugs, i think they are ngk.
your stock plugs and wires are all you need for your setup.

nice looking hatch by the way :thumbsup:

You should have dynoed your car with the stock motor b16a without any mods.

Then dyno it after you added those mods.

Its not something serious if it was it would give you a CEL. It can be something you added does your car feel slower then before...?

Your car stock dyno should be near 136HP at the wheels.
It also matters how your engine was take car of in Japan when it was in the car that will show how strong your engine is.

I think you should at least be making 150+ will all that upgrades!!! :D

Should have dyno'd first yes i know. Got to looking around and I have a leak in #2 injector. Ill be tarin into it later.

Originally posted by Whitewrx02@Aug 23 2003, 03:07 PM
Anyone else with the skunk2 manifold have that "T" in the middle of the manifold like I have it? Seems kinda weird.

yes, i did on mine

Back