Dyno Results for Accords with H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

I think I have this in the right forum. If not Moderators move it where it should be.

If you have an Accord with a H22 engine and you have professionally dyno'd your car post up your WHP and WTQ numbers here in this thread.

Anyway, I took an hour off work yesterday and had my 1995 Accord JDM H22A dyno’d :)
My Results were: 176 WHP and 153 WTQ

For those of you in the OR/WA area - I went to a great dyno shop in Salem, OR - Dan Judy Automotive (503) 362-5830
They had an in ground Dynojet and the knew much about testing and cars.
Plus they had me drive! Oh yeah was it fun. Especially on the 1-4 gear test where I went close to 120MPH!!!
Click here for the pics and details of the dyno results

Thanks, Bruce

Nice, Bruce. :) I was expecting a little higher on the horsepower side of things, but I suppose it needs a little bit of tuning for optimization up there at 8000 rpm.

8000 rpm....something a :mullet: can't even begin to comprehend. :lol:

ive been here 10 mins but from what i see dohcvtec_accord knows his shit! I gota question. What is a H22A? what are the most popular import engines? I need to know alot about them.

LOL and no i dont know anything about 8K rpm lol

The problem is I am hitting 7,500RPM before the end of the qtr mile and I’m a bit afraid of blowing the engine if I don’t shift to 4th

Last time i checked their was a rev limiter.

Originally posted by 70 Formula 400@May 13 2004, 04:11 PM
Dont have a H22A? what is that?

Bit I did hit 470hp and 520 lbs feet of torque at the wheels.

And how many cylinders do you have? Whats that? 8, oh ok. And your displacment is how many times more then 2.2 L? WOW! And your car weighs how many pounds? REALLY? Well aint that good for you, go race a supra not a honda, fag.

^^^ STFU You n00bie BITCH. "OMG hondas are the best car ever, I hate everything with more than 4 cylinders" is a retarded thing to say. Why do you think the domestic guys hate us? Becuase of fuck ups like you. Go fuck the fartcan on your altezza pimped piece of shit.

Fucking ricers make me PISSED.

If anyone's a fag, its you, fuckass.

lol ok buddy, obviously I dont think any thing with more then 4 cylinders is gay because, damn, well dont supras have 6. And then I told him to race a supra NOT a honda so I guess U need to learn how to read. Of course he is gona win in a race with 400hp and 500ft/lbs against a 4 cylinder honda, but against a 6 cylinder supra with just that much hp or more he aint gona win, unless he has over 1000hp in which case, he will. And dont judge me, because I dont hate domestics at all, just certain people in them that think they are god because they can beat a honda, which isint much a feat for a 8 cylinder, so U take UR altezzas, which are extremly gay BTW, and shuv them up ur ass, fuckass.

Calm down everyone.

Why did you come here 70 Formula 400? You arent gaining anything by acting the way you do. The best way to learn about something is to read or research it... good.com can be your friend. And why do you need to knwo about Imports engines anyhow?

Originally posted by mtegra@May 13 2004, 09:46 PM
lol ok buddy, obviously I dont think any thing with more then 4 cylinders is gay because, damn, well dont supras have 6. And then I told him to race a supra NOT a honda so I guess U need to learn how to read. Of course he is gona win in a race with 400hp and 500ft/lbs against a 4 cylinder honda, but against a 6 cylinder supra with just that much hp or more he aint gona win, unless he has over 1000hp in which case, he will. And dont judge me, because I dont hate domestics at all, just certain people in them that think they are god because they can beat a honda, which isint much a feat for a 8 cylinder, so U take UR altezzas, which are extremly gay BTW, and shuv them up ur ass, fuckass.

buddy...no one said nething about racing or beating a honda....

Originally posted by 70 Formula 400@May 13 2004, 04:11 PM

The H22A is a 2.2 Liter Dual Over Head Cam VTEC engine.

VTEC=Variable Timing Electronic lift and Control

It is a good motor to have in a Honda, commonly found in the better Preludes.

Welcome Aboard. :)

Did they do any tuning for you Bruce? I wouldn't mind a little dyno time after a couple more mods.

Originally posted by tab+May 13 2004, 09:14 PM-->
70 Formula 400
@May 13 2004, 04:11 PM

The H22A is a 2.2 Liter Dual Over Head Cam VTEC engine.

VTEC=Variable Timing Electronic lift and Control

It is a good motor to have in a Honda, commonly found in the better Preludes.

Welcome Aboard. :)

Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronically Controlled, bish!

:p , j/p

Oh, and just an FYI for 70 formula, here is a video that explains the Honda VTEC technology in very easy to comprehend terms.

Back