Dyno results in!

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
Here it is...

IB Spec pistons with Swain Technology coatings
IB Spec lightweight rods
85.5mm x 89mm (2044cc)
Skunk2 cam gears

Shorty intake with K&N filter
DC JDM 4-1 ceramic coated header
Carsound 2.5" cat
Greddy Evolution exhaust

Bone stock head except for cam gears, tuned with Hondata (still off some, ran out of time and we were tired as hell), through the cat and on pump gas.

As far as I've seen, this is the highest level of torque anyone's put down with a stock B16 head all motor on pump gas. You can see where the cams top out abruptly at 7000rpm. You can definitely see it on the wideband when the head stops breathing and the mixture starts to run rich.

dyno_civic_gsr2.jpg

Now I just need to pay off my debts, then get some cash for a good port/polish job, cams and valvetrain...

More details later, along with a comparison graph between this setup and my previous two builds...

Very nice, you always put out gppd numbers. Now if you ever get a built head, You will be set.

Damn you Mike, I voted for you suck!!! :D Great job!!!!! That doesn't cover the suspension either, which is absolutely incredible.

very nice :thumbsup:

that torque curve is secksie

Holy Shit that's a lot of low end torque! 125 at 2k. DAMN!!!

7 grand? those cams are dead at 6.
look at the torque falling off.

with some headwork, and cams to make power up top, you will keep that cruve flat in the low 150's

153 X 8500
------------ = 247 whp at 8500 :)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 2 2004, 05:45 PM
Holy Shit that's a lot of low end torque! 125 at 2k. DAMN!!!

high compression y0

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 2 2004, 05:01 PM

with some headwork, and cams to make power up top, you will keep that cruve flat in the low 150's

153 X 8500
------------ = 247 whp at 8500 :)

more like 5.5, it hits the zenith at 5500ish and dies from there, but HP is still climbing.

But hell, with 125 ft lbs at 2500 rpm, I'd take that. :worthy:

I'm going to vote You suck Mike. :p

Originally posted by brc80+Jun 2 2004, 04:30 PM-->
Very nice, you always put out gppd numbers. Now if you ever get a built head, You will be set.

Soon hopefully...

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 2 2004, 04:31 PM
Damn you Mike, I voted for you suck!!! Great job!!!!! That doesn't cover the suspension either, which is absolutely incredible.

Yup, I have to get used to driving the Civic again. It's a lot twitchier than the truck, that's for sure!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 2 2004, 04:31 PM
that torque curve is secksie

Thanks E! It feels damn good driving around town, that's for sure. After I get my brakes refreshed it's time for some twisty road action.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 2 2004, 05:01 PM

Not really. They're definitely not great for power after 6k, but it's a slow dropoff until 7k, then it gets a lot worse. You can see the change in slope at 7k, and you could see it in the wideband too. I'm also just about maxed out on my 310cc injectors too.

I figure if I can make 165lbft at 8000rpm, I'll have my 250whp on tap really early. We'll see.

dohch22a4
@Jun 2 2004, 05:07 PM
Jesus, that is a schaweet looking dyno graph, Mike. :cough:TodaBspec:cough:

Nah, if I was going to use Toda cams, I would go with the C or D spec. :lol:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 2 2004, 05:09 PM
more like 5.5, it hits the zenith at 5500ish and dies from there, but HP is still climbing.

But hell, with 125 ft lbs at 2500 rpm, I'd take that. :worthy:

I'm going to vote You suck Mike. :p

Well... of course, 5500 is about where the peak is, but that doesn't mean that the cams are no good after that point. Look where the slope of the line changes- that's where you know the cams are really choking me off- if you don't call the entire dyno graph choked off to begin with.

:)

I like the torque- kinda makes me laugh at whatever B16 had the "built" CTR head that B posted up from Honda-Tech. That one topped out at 119lbft or something, right? I get more right off idle.

:lmao:

Vote away- that's why I put the choices there. :thumbsup:

very very nice man get the head done and some cams and youll have a seriously sick fast car

dude, mike- buy that CTR head with toda C's that posted in the classifieds- "thhis is a steal"

guy wants 1200 for it.

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre+Jun 2 2004, 05:37 PM-->
Very nice numbers, Mike!
Now get your ass back up to Dallas so I can see the car 

Soon- trust me, soon! I have to kill some gremlins first, then I can really drive the car. You'll have to find some fun roads around DFW that aren't just boring straight stretches...

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 2 2004, 06:03 PM
very very nice man get the head done and some cams and youll have a seriously sick fast car

It just takes money and time. :(

pissedoffsol
@Jun 2 2004, 06:54 PM
dude, mike- buy that CTR head with toda C's that posted in the classifieds- "thhis is a steal"

guy wants 1200 for it.

I saw that one, and I would get it just to part it out- but I seriously don't have enough money. After paying for everything yesterday, I don't have money to pay rent, don't have money to buy gas, and don't have money to eat. I need to get another job first- then I can think about buying stuff, even small fry crap like a $1200 head.

In any case, I don't want to run someone's used parts for the head. I want everything brand new, and I want the head work done by either Portflow, DPR or Endyn. I don't think Toda Cs are the right spec for me either.

Maybe you could buy it for me and hold it until I get some more cash? :) :lol: :lmao: :( :bawling:

hey, pal.

E-mail me, I will sponsor you majorily on a IB SPec CNC ported head. See if we can't go from 187 WHp to 230. Just from the head.

IB spec stuff works, we will prove it AGAIN, on your car if you don't mind. Whats great about you doing the tests is that I have never met you, and I am not tuning your car. Everytime I do something personally, I am slammed with all kinds of things.

Oh and yeah, thats right...IB Spec CNC head, its out. Your in. Don;t wait too long to e-mail me pal. lol

haha.

Jeff

your killing me man.! Short ram intake WITH a CAT?

Your killing me.

I am going to mail you 2 things, that I will start charging $300 for real soon, and it will take your power from 187 to 205 not touching the motor.

Don't hurt it yet man, we got dynoing to do.

Jeff

looks real good mike.
glad to see her up and running...

jeff what are you sending him?

Back