Dyno results in!

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mike, me and my roomie abel just went out to city park drive last night. you gotta get that thing down here and show us what we're missing.

Originally posted by Import Builders+Jun 2 2004, 09:18 PM-->
hey, pal.

E-mail me, I will sponsor you majorily on a IB SPec CNC ported head. See if we can't go from 187 WHp to 230. Just from the head.

IB spec stuff works, we will prove it AGAIN, on your car if you don't mind. Whats great about you doing the tests is that I have never met you, and I am not tuning your car. Everytime I do something personally, I am slammed with all kinds of things.

Oh and yeah, thats right...IB Spec CNC head, its out. Your in. Don;t wait too long to e-mail me pal. lol

haha.

Jeff

Email coming your way Jeff!

I definitely hear you on the fact that I'm testing your stuff while you're not directly involved- it gives you more credibility because you're not the one showing the dyno numbers. The only problem is that I have to drive 3 and a half hours to get to my dyno location. I don't have any hookups with people in Austin, and I don't trust any of them either.

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jun 2 2004, 09:21 PM
your killing me man.! Short ram intake WITH a CAT?

Your killing me.

I am going to mail you 2 things, that I will start charging $300 for real soon, and it will take your power from 187 to 205 not touching the motor.

Don't hurt it yet man, we got dynoing to do.

I'm trying not to beat it up. I'm just chasing a few minor electrical issues right now- some of the wiring is loose. I have to run a short ram- I'm in Houston a lot, and Texas weather is just crazy. If you're thinking cold air, I'm thinking hydrolock. Real fast.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jun 2 2004, 09:41 PM
looks real good mike.
glad to see her up and running...

Me too! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 2 2004, 09:41 PM
i love IB.

Me too! :thumbsup: :lmao:

SixtySecondAssassin
@Jun 2 2004, 10:36 PM
mike, me and my roomie abel just went out to city park drive last night. you gotta get that thing down here and show us what we're missing.

Sure thing- let me just get my alternator issues worked out and we'll go for a spin!

The money pit just wants more huh?
Excellent numbers man. Whats your mileage going to be like? You probably don't even want to think about it huh?

Mileage? I pulled only 20mpg on the way back from Dallas, but that was with the A/C on full blast, a bad connection from the alternator to the battery, and fluctuating speed from being dead tired and having to "re-learn" the car after not driving it for 8 months.

Congrats on the motor build. Glad to see that the sedan is not in the shop anymore. Go back to school, get your masters, then start making your own parts. I'm sure I'll be finshed with school by then, and then I can fab you some sweet aero pieces to complement your power. Then we'll race... You with your torque monster, me with my high rpm f1 setup :)

A known shop in Texas that runs my pistons is probably going to fly me out there next week to tune their racecar.

Want to re-tune your car there with the super intake and open header to make 200 + WHP on a dynojet?

I am sure they would be down for it. I wish I could bring all my parts on the plane, we could probably make 220 WHP with stock B16A cams and that would be sick.

Jeff

I couldn't believe that numbers he was pulling that night, and the numbers just kept going up. Phillip predicted something like 180hp/150lb it was way cool to see the car blow his prediction away.

I had the pleasure of taking a ride in it and wow. That kind of torque curve is just amazing.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jun 3 2004, 01:12 AM-->
Congrats on the motor build. Glad to see that the sedan is not in the shop anymore. Go back to school, get your masters, then start making your own parts. I'm sure I'll be finshed with school by then, and then I can fab you some sweet aero pieces to complement your power. Then we'll race... You with your torque monster, me with my high rpm f1 setup

Sure, but I guarantee I'll stomp on your B16. :)

I don't think the MS is going to happen... I'll just have to start making stuff that works and prove to people that I know what I'm doing without having the MS stamp of approval.

:(

Originally posted by noobvang Posted on Jun 3 2004@ 01:12 AM
Very nice. Time to go

Already did- and being able to maintain traction all through the one second that first gear takes is really nice too! Just gotta fix the alternator talking to the battery problem...

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jun 3 2004, 02:05 AM
A known shop in Texas that runs my pistons is probably going to fly me out there next week to tune their racecar.

Want to re-tune your car there with the super intake and open header to make 200 + WHP on a dynojet?

I am sure they would be down for it. I wish I could bring all my parts on the plane, we could probably make 220 WHP with stock B16A cams and that would be sick.

Jeff

Hit me back on the email! I'll definitely be down for that if I can make it out to the shop.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 3 2004, 10:07 AM
I couldn't believe that numbers he was pulling that night, and the numbers just kept going up. Phillip predicted something like 180hp/150lb it was way cool to see the car blow his prediction away.

I had the pleasure of taking a ride in it and wow. That kind of torque curve is just amazing.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DTEC
@Jun 3 2004, 10:26 AM
Sick build dude. Just stupid Sick.
LET THAT HEAD BREATHE!!!!

No! Must let it choke! :lmao:

I honestly think Brian was headed in the right direction when he said something about adding cams, headwork and pulling 240whp out of this motor. The RM/EF1 Civic made 200WHP from a B16 with an essentially stock bottom end. With the displacement you have, the proper tuning that the EF1 civic lacked (look at the graph of AFRs... scary shit.) and a little work on airflow, your car has serious lethal potential.

Props. Double props for tuning it right.

Thanks man- we're still not tuned completely "right" yet, but one more session will hopefully get it there. 250whp (or more) is the target.

Hopefully I can pick up a set of RC310's before that session, I would like to have a go at mine as well. I imagine if we actually got started when we got up there we could do both cars in a day.

Damn, I should have waited a few months to come back home :(

Numbers look nice, glad to see it's finally off the rack :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 3 2004, 02:39 PM

That is a bummer.

[ThreadJack]
Are you going to be back in TX at all this summer?
[/ThreadJack]

Originally posted by lsvtec+Jun 3 2004, 10:18 PM-->
@Jun 3 2004, 02:39 PM

That is a bummer.

[ThreadJack]
Are you going to be back in TX at all this summer?
[/ThreadJack]

If I wind up going to the medical board, than yea, I am going to take leave and come back :) If not then I am probably going to end up heading to the desert, so far I've knocked about five months of the total, but may have to go for a while:(

Sure, but I guarantee I'll stomp on your B16

Well, I wouldn't be calling it a stomping, c'mon give me a chance!!! My car will prolly weigh a bit less than yours by the time I am done, and I am still shooting for 225 whp, so I won't be too far behind you. You probably see me doing this in the rear view, but at least you'll see me... :worthy: :thumbsup: :driver:

i'm jealous, i hope my massive h22 weight can do those kinda numbers. if not, ima be a FI kinda kid. lol

Originally posted by lsvtec+Jun 3 2004, 02:26 PM-->
Hopefully I can pick up a set of RC310's before that session, I would like to have a go at mine as well. I imagine if we actually got started when we got up there we could do both cars in a day.

If I get really really lucky and am able to pick up a set of 550s soon, then you can have my 310s for cheap.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 3 2004, 03:39 PM
Damn, I should have waited a few months to come back home

Numbers look nice, glad to see it's finally off the rack

Nah, there's no way to tell when that car is ever done once it's in the shop.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jun 3 2004, 05:33 PM
Well, I wouldn't be calling it a stomping, c'mon give me a chance!!! My car will prolly weigh a bit less than yours by the time I am done, and I am still shooting for 225 whp, so I won't be too far behind you. You probably see me doing this in the rear view, but at least you'll see me...

I don't know man... it's all about torque and gearing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nismogod
@Jun 3 2004, 05:52 PM
i'm jealous, i hope my massive h22 weight can do those kinda numbers. if not, ima be a FI kinda kid. lol

An H22 ought to be able to make numbers even better than that just because of displacement. Build it right and you can blow my engine away.

UPDATE: The car is running 100% now. The alternator to battery wire was loose. I guess that's a hard one to get secured, because this happened the last time I picked up my car back in August. The damn alternator charge wire's nut was cross threaded, and the wire wasn't making full contact.

Those are some nice numbers. I wish I had the spare cash to do this, saving for a house sucks.

Back